FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bonus eyes  (Read 1518 times)

indianahooker

bonus eyes
« on: Nov 04, 2020, 06:59 PM »
hit a lake in northern half of the state today.  weather great bite better.  I was tossing spinners for panfish and ended up with 4 keeper eyes and 6 under size. the biggest was 29".  stayed on the panfish pattern so they were all bonus fish.  had 44 gills, 18 crappie, 4 perch in the 10-14" range. caught 6 or 8 bass but none keeper size.  hope they still biting tomorrow.  I plan on spending the day again to see if I can pack live well again.

spinner was a beetle spin type I make with larger head than normal. ( saves time getting down)  plastic was power grub orange and brown.  fished the 2-15ft zone with fish in all depths.

after tomorrow its deer chopping time.  2 doe in the cooler on ice since last week. 

bigr

Re: bonus eyes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Great time of year with all the choices and this wonderful weather. Keep on em.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2020, 08:31 AM »
Sounds like a super day for sure! Good on ya!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2020, 09:52 AM »
been probing a couple lakes in the area. waters cold and they want it slow. there was ice cover on a feeder creek by the ramp! last week or so its been gulp minnows on drop shot or jig for us.  at least the gills and crappie are very concentrated in big schools and will bite.  just have to entice them it seems.  maybe this warm up will energize them?  couple days of warmer temps and sun, I will switch back to running and gunning for eyes pike n bass.  for now its back to pans.  finding some nice perch but lots of dinks.  few in the 10-12" range.  cant pin them down.  some caught as shallow as a foot, way up by shore on huge flats. others were caught 12ft down on a break. I haven't taken the time to anchor up anywhere though. mostly got lakes to myself too.

anyone been to snow lake?  in the past this time of year the pike and crappie turn on.  buddy practically lives in north snow bay in oct. nov., raping the gills.  30-60 fish most days too bad the gills are mostly 6-7". 

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2020, 10:06 AM »
Yeah Snow has always had smaller gills as far back as I can remember. But obviously the pike like them that size.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.