FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dog Days of Summer?  (Read 941 times)

westernmas

Dog Days of Summer?
« on: Aug 06, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Forum seems pretty dead lately.  I got a few decent bass last weekend.  The saltwater ones I landed were all shorts but I got a few decent largemouth.  The bigger of the two was out of Littleville and then the other one from shore was from West Lake.  I took a hike with my girlfriend and dog out past west lake to this lake called Abbey lake.  I hiked out there one time to ice fish and it seemed devoid of any life.  I did see some baitfish and panfish once we got over to the dam at Abbey lake.  Its quite the hike so I would never try ice fishing it again on foot.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

Re: Dog Days of Summer?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Looks good Pat.

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Looks good Pat.

West Lake is another one right up route 8 and 57 that would be good for fly fishing with your daughter.  Supposed to be loaded with bullhead too.  It was my first time fishing it but I'll be back in my kayak soon.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2019, 02:06 PM »
West Lake is another one right up route 8 and 57 that would be good for fly fishing with your daughter.  Supposed to be loaded with bullhead too.  It was my first time fishing it but I'll be back in my kayak soon.

Have been.  Had a lovely lady run her dogs into the lake at the launch despite Averi and I being there casting.  Nice place to launch and use just the trolling motor.

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2019, 02:52 PM »
Have been.  Had a lovely lady run her dogs into the lake at the launch despite Averi and I being there casting.  Nice place to launch and use just the trolling motor.

My dog will walk in the water but isn't a big fan of swimming so he's the perfect fishing companion.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.