FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missing Rods  (Read 1908 times)

Darby

Missing Rods
« on: May 06, 2020, 03:14 PM »
So the person that pulled their boat before us, left some rods on the dock.  Please let others know.  Please pm me and we can get you rods back.  Will need to  confirm, # of rods, reel make, etc but certainly not a good way to end your day

zwiggles

Re: Missing Rods
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 03:25 PM »
So the person that pulled their boat before us, left some rods on the dock.  Please let others know.  Please pm me and we can get you rods back.  Will need to  confirm, # of rods, reel make, etc but certainly not a good way to end your day

Good on you for trying to get them back to the owner! Did you also contact the local bait/tackle store, or leave a note at the launch in case they’re not online?

Darby

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 04:39 PM »
Yeah, the other guy taped his business card on the ramp that said I have your gear.  With the gear I run (Diawa Saltiga and Saltist with custom rods) I'd probably throw up.  Figure the guy won't know until he gets home.  Good call on the tackle shop, I'll try that next

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 04:49 PM »
Yeah, the other guy taped his business card on the ramp that said I have your gear.  With the gear I run (Diawa Saltiga and Saltist with custom rods) I'd probably throw up.  Figure the guy won't know until he gets home.  Good call on the tackle shop, I'll try that next

Oh man, salt gear too.... I hope it finds its way home that stuff isn’t cheap at all....

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 05:28 PM »

Awesome.  We need more people like you out there.  Hope the owner gets his stuff back.  These are my favorite posts.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 01:22 PM »
I've been on both ends of the same situation and the first two times it worked well for both of us.
My last bad move was losing about $500 in lures from one of those big plastice lure boxes. Put on the side of my bench in my polakraft and drove off to get gas. :'(

I don't do face book but I'll bet you'll get a response. Just about everybody & their bother are on there.

Kutos to you!!!
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

Darby

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 05:54 PM »
I've been on both ends of the same situation and the first two times it worked well for both of us.
My last bad move was losing about $500 in lures from one of those big plastice lure boxes. Put on the side of my bench in my polakraft and drove off to get gas. :'(

I don't do face book but I'll bet you'll get a response. Just about everybody & their bother are on there.

Kutos to you!!!

I don't either, but I'll have my wife

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 07:45 PM »

Kutos to you!!!
  did the same thing going to moosehead last year over 600 dollars in hardware and some of which you cant get anymore

hardwatergrampa

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 07:46 PM »
sure miss my Sutton spoons

Scalloper

• 73 lbs Atlantic Hal june 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Its great to see there are some great honest people left. About 50 % are great from what I see  ;D
Its a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job

Unclegillhunter

• Green grass and high times forever!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 05:58 AM »
Thank you for being a stand up person! Hope you can hook up with the guy! And the kool thing is I am sure you are doing this out of respect for your fellow fisher folk!
Keep it safe! JDL
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.