FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How to clean and lubricate your DownEast Rod Holders.  (Read 1625 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Howdy folks. Ive noticed that once the down east rod holders get some age on them, they can pull up harder as time goes on.  I disassembled mine, and cleaned them a few year ago, and they worked like new. If you notice yours is a little sticky, I show how you can disassemble, clean and lubricate the rod holder. It's really easy.

Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Steve H.

Re: How to clean and lubricate your DownEast Rod Holders.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 11:52 AM »
Great video.  Thanks.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

caught_the_fever

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 01:05 PM »
Good video, Josh.  Think this is a thing that many beginning anglers miss is the maintenance component of their gear, I know I did.  Amazing how many years of quality service good gear will provide us if we show it a little love.   thanks for posting.

fishlessman

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 01:34 PM »
put a good lube on the clamp threads, thats been my biggest problem with these. especially when i used to be in the salt alot. ive broken those a few times.  mine now have the mount brackets and are hard mounted, wd seems to work if used once a month and theres always a can on the dash. great movie, never knew how to take one apart

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 02:23 PM »
put a good lube on the clamp threads, thats been my biggest problem with these. especially when i used to be in the salt alot. ive broken those a few times.

Excellent point.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 06:02 PM »
Good video, Josh.  Think this is a thing that many beginning anglers miss is the maintenance component of their gear, I know I did.  Amazing how many years of quality service good gear will provide us if we show it a little love.   thanks for posting.
Beginner and experienced. My first experience with the DownEast Rod holders was in a 75 year olds boat, and it was nearly impossible to lift the rods out. Second was in another boat with the same problem. I picked up a lot of them for cheap, and they were rough. Figured it was worth a shot, and they came out great.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 06:03 PM »
put a good lube on the clamp threads, thats been my biggest problem with these. especially when i used to be in the salt alot. ive broken those a few times.  mine now have the mount brackets and are hard mounted, wd seems to work if used once a month and theres always a can on the dash. great movie, never knew how to take one apart
Makes sense. I gave mine a good cleaning and haven't put any lube on them yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.