FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: More Trolling for Brown Trout in my pedal kayak  (Read 3245 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
More Trolling for Brown Trout in my pedal kayak
« on: May 27, 2020, 05:23 PM »
Once I found the Brown Trout, the were on Fire. They were hammering my trolling spoons. Found them on a shallow shoreline, and they were stacked up pretty good. Wish I had more time in that area. Heres the footage if interested.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: More Trolling for Brown Trout in my pedal kayak
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 06:35 PM »
Nice action on the spoons, Josh 8)

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 12:40 PM »
I love watching people catch.  Relaxing.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 12:43 PM »
I love watching people catch.  Relaxing.

I got stressed out watching that! Man, I don't think kayak fishing is for me, at least not trolling. I'd need two more hands!

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 06:42 PM »
I got stressed out watching that! Man, I don't think kayak fishing is for me, at least not trolling. I'd need two more hands!
Thanks for checking it out gentleman!!

And kayak fishing isn't for everyone!!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

woodchip1

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 06:59 PM »
 really enjoy your posts and I found that a Kayak is much more comfortable to sit in than all small boats  and canoes   and good on one back.

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 07:15 PM »

Thanks for sharing Josh.  I brought a bass boat this year, but still would like to add a pdl to the fleet.

fish wayniac

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 05:18 AM »
Josh, Good video and Brown trout. Your right side rod was getting the most bites. I find that happen when trolling sometimes one side of the boat gets more action.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 07:05 AM »

One thing about trolling with a kayak, I am sure it imparts more action on the lines more than me dragging them with a 4,000lb boat.

seamonkey84

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 08:40 AM »
I’ve fallen out of every kayak I’ve ever been in!  I barely like canoes, but they get the job done. I personally have a two person mini bass boat, it has two swivel seats that slide back and forth. a bit bulky to load by my self but it’s a lot more comfortable to cruise around and fish in.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 09:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

caught_the_fever

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 11:24 AM »
I’ve fallen out of every kayak I’ve ever been in!  I barely like canoes, but they get the job done. I personally have a two person mini bass boat, it has two swivel seats that slide back and forth. a bit bulky to load by my self but it’s a lot more comfortable to cruise around and fish in.

Try the Old Town Predator he's pedaling - you won't fall out.  If you have decent balance, I'd be willing to make that statement with you standing and casting a fly on calm water.  Does take some effort loading and unloading car top.  Love to fish out of mine but after a medical issue it's becoming a challenge on solo trips via car top.  May need to get one of the Malone trailers as more years get behind me as it is a great platform. 

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 07:02 AM »
really enjoy your posts and I found that a Kayak is much more comfortable to sit in than all small boats  and canoes   and good on one back.
I can troll in this for 8 hours, and be comfortable. 4 max in a canoe for me.

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2020, 07:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing Josh.  I brought a bass boat this year, but still would like to add a pdl to the fleet.
The Old Town line up is some of the best out there. They just added a bunch of new models. I love my PDL

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Josh, Good video and Brown trout. Your right side rod was getting the most bites. I find that happen when trolling sometimes one side of the boat gets more action.
My fly rod didn't get a hit the entire morning

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.