FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: More Trolling for Brown Trout in my pedal kayak  (Read 3248 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Re: More Trolling for Brown Trout in my pedal kayak
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 07:07 AM »
I’ve fallen out of every kayak I’ve ever been in!  I barely like canoes, but they get the job done. I personally have a two person mini bass boat, it has two swivel seats that slide back and forth. a bit bulky to load by my self but it’s a lot more comfortable to cruise around and fish in.
I would have to work hard to tip my PDL, obviously can be done, but ive never come close in my time with it!! I have a 12' plastic Jon boat, and love that too!! Really comfortable to fish in!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

taxid

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 09:24 AM »
I was testing out my little Hobie in my biggest pond when I first got it, and was going as fast as I could with the pedals. Made a sharp turn and nearly flipped it over. That's when I decided to add the training wheels!  ;D

I'm not so concerned about myself as I'm a good swimmer, but it's my expensive fish finder, down rigger, etc. and all the tackle that worries me.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 06:49 PM »
I was testing out my little Hobie in my biggest pond when I first go it and was going as fast as I could with the pedals. Made a sharp turn and nearly flipped it over. That when I decided to add the training wheels!  ;D

I'm not so concerned about myself as I'm a good swimmer, but it's my expensive fish finger, down rigger, etc. and all the tackle that worries me.
I hear ya.. I'm very cautious of my camera gear as well. No chance if them go under!!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2020, 09:36 PM »
Oh yeah I ruined my first and only iPhone in my kayak. Too stupid to put it in a ziplock bag. It was a hand me down from the wife and haven't had a cell phone since.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.