FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sunday hunting :(  (Read 14127 times)

Mainehazmt

sunday hunting :(
« on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:05 AM »
looks like that legislatures havent got the message we want sundays  contact them! please   most stuff sounds bad today on the legislative feed ;(      http://www.maine.gov/legis/audio/ifw_cmte.html     

alas they claim 75% of mainers dont want it   and 48% are downstate  grrrrrrrr

now one wants no shooting even anything (target shooting) on sunday  on thier own property!!!!  **censored**!!!!!!!

where are the pro voices   geee

dang MPG is against it  **censored

nobody for the bills  geee

ought not to pass unanumous LD 749 ,  LD 810, LD 906  well there it went....
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

landlockedsalmon

• Remember we all live downstream.
Re: sunday hunting :(
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Sunday is the only day I feel safe to walk in my "own" woods anymore.And I don't want to post it to no hunting.No sunday hunting for me thanks.I kill a deer every year,we don't need sundays too.Sorry thats my .02.LLS
if everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.....

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:41 AM »
That is an out of date law that needs to go away.  Maine is one of like 6 or 7 states that don't allow Sunday hunting.  It's pretty ridiculous that for all of the money we pay to the state, we can't hunt the only 2 days that the overwhelming majority of people have off.

J Man

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Sunday is the only day I feel safe to walk in my "own" woods anymore.And I don't want to post it to no hunting.No sunday hunting for me thanks.I kill a deer every year,we don't need sundays too.Sorry thats my .02.LLS

I agree. I am an avid hunter, with very limited time to get out like most people. I appreciate that during the season, Sundays are times when i can take my family out in the sticks with a reasonable expectation of safety.

BoutTime

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:52 AM »

Im in agreement with this.

I get out there alot on sundays to tidy up firewood loose ends, check on baitfish ponds for trapping, this-N-that. Sunday is the one day I can..

A) Do these things without the worry of getting a stray bullet.

B) Do these things without interfering with someones hunt.

HuntFishSled

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2011, 11:52 AM »

I agree. I am an avid hunter, with very limited time to get out like most people. I appreciate that during the season, Sundays are times when i can take my family out in the sticks with a reasonable expectation of safety.

When avid hunters makes statements like this it makes hard to criticize non-hunters for having the same misconceptions when posting their land. :(
Anywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

duck

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:10 PM »
I'm with you MaineHazmat!!
Hunting Sundays would double my hunting time!
I'm ashamed to admit that I am a member of Maine Bowhunters and my club spoke against Sunday hunting.  But that was when we had a different president.  Now we are in favor of it!!

Any argument by hunters for less hunting time is crazy.  If you say you only feel safe it the woods on Sunday, whats that say about Maine hunters?  Your just giving ammo to the anti!!!!
"Born to fish...forced to work!!"

The Rusty Crab

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:14 PM »
I don't hunt but would love to.  My two cents is you should be able to hunt on your own land on Sundays or make it Maine state residents only or open up 1 or 2 and leave the rest for those who want to enjoy the outdoors and fear guns.  I think if dates were established it would be a good start and allow green collar working guys to hunt on some weekends.

The Rusty Crab

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Its all about compromising and doing whats best for the deer too, right now I don't think the herd in Northern Maine could take another day of hunting.  And I know all of you think the same

BoutTime

« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Im not as much worried about the Maine hunters as I am being in the crossfire of any hunter out there. I mean, you never know where a shot will go once deflected off a branch or sum such.

Plus, I feel fairly guilty of firing up my saw when I think there are guys (semi) nearby trying to hunt. But I gotta get my chores done first and foremost.

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:25 PM »
i would like to hunt on sunday,because i have to work on Saturday......

MEhunter

« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:34 PM »
I'd like to see Sunday hunting for Small Game right now.  With the quality (or lack there of) of our deer herd I don't mind not hunting them 7 days a week.  I can't imagine what the % is of deer that are killed on Saturday vs other days of the week, I'm willing to say it's a big number.  If you let everyone hunt on Sunday then the deer kill would just go up another large % IMO.  I would be all for chasing ducks and other birds on Sunday's though and maybe even bow hunting.

WishinIwasFishin

« Reply #12 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:38 PM »
At least allow bow hunting on sundays, if people are concerned about stray bullets
A bad day of fishing beats a good day of work :)

nofishin

« Reply #13 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:43 PM »
sunday hunting will never pass unless we can get the farm bureau, mpga, SWOAM, and others support.  people believe they will get shot if they go in the woods during hunting season. not true.  maine is one of 13 states that has no hunting on sundays.  But incidents and problems do not increase with sunday hunting.  in fact there is no correlation between deer taken and incidents with sunday versus no sunday hunting.  NH has sunday hunting and it is great.  i will just keep going over there until maine figures it out. which they won't

MEhunter

« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:51 PM »
in fact there is no correlation between deer taken

Find that hard to believe, you give another full weekend day to the orange army and there won't be more deer killed?  The only arugment I could see is that you will just kill more deer early in the season and late season will be slower.  Still find not convinced though, especially in Southern Maine with so many guys in the woods on a Saturday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.