FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: sunday hunting :(  (Read 14128 times)

Mainehazmt

Re: sunday hunting :(
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2011, 12:54 PM »
ok wensday no hunting   there is the day off  if you truely believe your not safe in the woods  poachers dont worry about sundays anyway
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

Mainehazmt

« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2011, 01:01 PM »
and they go on to have ready to talk about "Resolve, Establishing a Task Force To Examine the Decline in the Number of Nonresident Hunters"    DUHHHHH   cost of gas  and you cant get the whole weekend   well   don't take a genius to figure  that out

MEhunter

« Reply #17 on: Apr 11, 2011, 01:05 PM »
and they go on to have ready to talk about "Resolve, Establishing a Task Force To Examine the Decline in the Number of Nonresident Hunters"    DUHHHHH   cost of gas  and you cant get the whole weekend   well   don't take a genius to figure  that out

I think most of the non resident hunters aren't coming because there are no deer in a lot of the areas they go. I think the no hunting on Sunday is appealing to some of them that like to hit the local watering holes on Saturday night wihtout having to worry about going the next day  ;D.  I know the Wagon wheel is usually busier on Saturday night then friday, so it's better business for them  ;D

Mainehazmt

« Reply #18 on: Apr 11, 2011, 01:13 PM »
well now they are on to outta state registration fees for atvs     another no brainer for lack of out of staters    we need to fire the lot of them in disgusta     I can see wy they is a vote for not ought o pass on sunday hunting   not 1  person talking in favor of it   sad sad sad....

BoutTime

« Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2011, 01:18 PM »
ok wensday no hunting   there is the day off  if you truely believe your not safe in the woods  poachers dont worry about sundays anyway

Again Haz, its not that I dont feel safe out there, but I dont have to think about it as much on a sunday when there isnt (or shouldnt be anyways) anybody out there deer hunting. I mean, why take the off chance on saturday when the chances of anything happening greatly drop on sunday? My grandson loves to go out with me into the back 40, and I usually go out on sundays just for the added peace of mind.

I used to hunt every year for years, but gave it up awhile ago. Im not anti hunting by any means, and my land isnt posted so anyone is welcomed to hunt on my property. I do like having sunday as a buffer though, so I can do my thing.

Mainehazmt

« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2011, 02:09 PM »
well there   they just gave back the right to game wardens to stop ya anytime they want in an "ought to pass"       I just dont get it   seems to mean they can come on my property and stop me anytime they want      something is wrongguess it needs to go to the supreame court     :-[

Bigmac0378

« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2011, 02:11 PM »
I can both sides, however like most people who work during the week, this leaves only one day to hunt per week. I would like to see a compromise like allowing archery and waterfowl on Sunday.

Out4Trout

« Reply #22 on: Apr 11, 2011, 04:49 PM »
I think Sunday hunting is great! I never see other hunters while I'm out.......... :D

APJ

« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:02 PM »
I think there should be small game hunting on sunday, not deer hunting. Birds and fowl etc.. would be great I think.

Out4Trout

« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:02 PM »
I can both sides, however like most people who work during the week, this leaves only one day to hunt per week. I would like to see a compromise like allowing archery and waterfowl on Sunday.

I can see both sides also. My house is about a 1/2 mile off the road and it is nice not to have to dress up in orange on Sundays to get Fall time chores done, but worrying about stray bullets is a little over the top for me.
I've been on the fence in the past, but I'd like to see Sunday hunting in this state. I think the only way it will pass though is one small step at a time, like allowing bow hunting, then small game, then eventually big game.

togue20011

« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:21 PM »
I don't think deer hunting on sunday is a good idea ether. It hard on the deer right now as it is. And if some of you didn't know the state is working on new plans for the low population of deer in far northern and western Maine. That sound like it will be lowering the number of doe permits in those two spot. Small game would not be that bad for sunday hunting.

tlunt10

« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:23 PM »
i want to be able to hunt sundays. for one some people like me have school so i cant really hunt and i pay for a license to hunt and am only able to go out on the weekends, it sucks

icefisha22

« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I say that we should be able to duck hunt at least on sunday. that is pretty safe for others since nobody else is out on the lake at 6am. for the most part, the only one you are gonna hurt is yourself.  Especially since its federally run, and many other states can hunt on sundays.

cornshark

« Reply #28 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:41 PM »
I hope Maine and Mass both open Sunday hunting, so the NH seacoast doesn't get pounded by all the out of staters. I love someone walking under my tree stand at crunch time!
Perchus Slaversons

smeltslayer

• Hammering fish and Ticking people off!!
« Reply #29 on: Apr 11, 2011, 05:47 PM »
I think Sunday hunting is great! I never see other hunters while I'm out.......... :D
Me neither, there all at church.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D OR nursing a hangover.  ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.