FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust (updated 10.13) It's over for 2013....  (Read 14967 times)

Turnbuckle

Probably just keep one thread going for the spring.  I love living in Maine.

04.14.13 Sunday
Last week was slow, but today we managed to have a bunch of laughs on the water through sun, rain, and even hail. I invited my buddy and his kid Griffin out on the water for a 530 start. We tried some new things, some new areas, and the kid was bouncing off the seat by the time we hit the boat ramp to pull out.

4/19/13 Friday
Got out for a couple hours this morning with my friend Buck before work. We crashed around the bay chasing salmon watching lots of boats going in circles in one little area in slow motion.  :D We had a good run of fish before it shut off and we then retreated to our employers.  ::)

Buck starting off the day.

That's how we roll out here. Like a mean tiger.  ;D

Small guy, but good color.

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Slammin_Brookies!!

• "Speed and Accuracy" Airborne All The Way 82nd
Re: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Nice work. Fish are looking healthy this year. I like ur idea would be cool if you started a salmon thread and everyone just started adding on. Would be a nice thread to let the other states know why when it comes to Maine is the way life should be !
If you're too busy to fish...........You're too Fa..king busy!

countyboy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2013, 03:09 PM »
Awesome pics.Looks like things are starting yo heat up.

HuntFishSled

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Nice fish!!  Did I see you trying to stay out of the wind late Wednesday morning?
Anywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

Loves To Fish

• When Can We Go Again!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Great pics Jeremy. Nice fish and great day on the water.

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2013, 05:54 PM »
That's wicked WICKED!!!!! Good!!!!
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

Turnbuckle

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2013, 05:57 PM »
Nice fish!!  Did I see you trying to stay out of the wind late Wednesday morning?

Negative. This is the first day I could make it out since Sunday. I'm used to the wind, but we have had some brutal days this season already. You guys did alright?

Hope the guy I towed in today gets up and running soon. Tomorrow looks like a good day to get out there.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

pdolewa

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2013, 06:00 PM »
Those are some nice fish! Way to go

pittstonsquaretail

• "boy you got a lot of stories"
« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2013, 06:25 PM »
 :afro: nice :bowdown:
"Less Romance more Science"

deerhunter

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2013, 07:27 PM »
those are some nice looking fish. way to go. nothing better than good pics of good fish.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Looks like a good day on the water. The little man definitely looks like he had a good time?  ;)

Alpha bite

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2013, 06:16 AM »
Like the boat with downriggers.  What size Honda do you have?  Just put a 60 on mine this year.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2013, 01:36 PM »
Electric riggers are sweet, especially on big water where I want to get down 130 feet or so. 2005 50 HP Honda carb. It's treated me well, but that boat should have a 90HP or better. It cruises nice with 2 guys up to around 28, put in a third and a forth it's a dog. Trolls down nice though.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #13 on: Apr 20, 2013, 01:42 PM »
4/20/13 Saturday

Couple of guys I regularly fly fish with wanted to get out on the boat, so we hit the lake from 530-9am. The wind held off, but the rain did not. We got them on a variety of methods and put 7 salmon and a togue in the boat until we retreated. Traffic was down and probably would have been a good day to stay out there until dark, though it looks like the wind has picked up. Nothing of any real size today except one 20 inch salmon, and a good one we lost at the boat. 35 degrees lake proper, 43 degrees river. Rookie on the camera and the rain prevented any decent pictures.

gamefisher

Re: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust (updated 4.20)
« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Looks like you are doing alright for a guy with a newborn. ;D   Keep em coming J. 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.