FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust (updated 10.13) It's over for 2013....  (Read 14966 times)

Steve...

Re: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust (updated 5.25)
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 09:35 PM »
nice Salmon on a tough day, hope to get down there soon

Turnbuckle

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2013, 11:20 AM »
05.26.13 Sunday

Hit the lake again despite the high wind. Rain held off for the most part, but what a different a day makes, maybe it was the pressure?  Fishing was slower, though I deployed the same methods for the first couple hours only hooking up a few times on streamers. Prop wash again was money and ended up shortening my leader from the usually long flouro to just 10 feet so the I could get just a couple feet of sinking line in the water to hold the fly down under the surface. That was the ticket as we landed a couple hogs, and lost 3x as many when they went airborne. White marabou was the ticket, and despite running a variety of flies on the other rods at different depths we only got into them right out the back close to the boat.

Gave it a rest on Monday in honor of the folks that made this country what it is today, and allows us all the freedoms we have including fishing of course.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 05:08 AM »
Nice fish Jeremy and I agree with MG39..nice streamers.

# SAND

Turnbuckle

Re: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust (updated 6.02)
« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2013, 11:14 AM »
06/02/13 Sunday

Had a couple hours and took my buddy and his boy out before the sun got high today. Was friggin hot, for sure. Got started around 6am and the fish were really active until 8, then it shut off except for a couple cruising togue. Fish were not all that deep with 52-58 surface temps when we started and we saw a handful of salmon break the surace for some little yellow sallies and crane flies. Pulled off before the summer crowd hatch and landed just shy of a dozen fish with a solid mix of salmon and lakers. Nothing big, but we had a blast.

My buddy's boy is a quite the fisherman despite that fact that he needs a hair cut.  ::)

At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

troutaddict97

• Life member North American Fishing Club
« Reply #34 on: Jun 02, 2013, 11:18 AM »
nice fish
‎"... standing in a cool stream with a mountain range or a meadow nearby, fly rod in hand and cigar in mouth, is the way God meant mankind to live."
-- Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

sebagosalmo

Re: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust (updated 06.02)
« Reply #35 on: Jun 02, 2013, 02:53 PM »
Nice fish.

Glad to see there still biting ;)

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #36 on: Jun 02, 2013, 03:11 PM »
nice fish, great looking togue

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Nice Jeremy, you're right on the hair, "she" definitely needs the ears lowered! ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

pittstonsquaretail

• "boy you got a lot of stories"
« Reply #38 on: Jun 03, 2013, 08:24 AM »
 ???
"Less Romance more Science"

Turnbuckle

Re: Salmon Report: Landlocked Lust (updated 06.09)
« Reply #39 on: Jun 09, 2013, 08:46 PM »
06.09.13 Sunday

Took my good buddy Chip out this morning from 6-9. Calm day for the big lake, and with the water temps around 60 we started off with a mixed bag of rods high and low and managed 3 salmon in the first hour on the surface, then when the bite slowed moved deep and slow and put some lakers in the boat including one decent one, that put up a great fight on the light action gear.

I headed home for lunch and then went back out with the family for my wife and youngest's first boat ride of the season. Kids had a blast and we trolled mid day for a few hours with not a bite. Good times none the less.

gamefisher

« Reply #40 on: Jun 10, 2013, 05:19 AM »
Good job Dad. 8)

JDK

« Reply #41 on: Jun 10, 2013, 05:51 AM »
Good day right there.

# SAND

joefishmore

« Reply #42 on: Jun 10, 2013, 05:44 PM »
What a splendard life preserver!  Where did you get it ?

Turnbuckle

« Reply #43 on: Jun 10, 2013, 05:57 PM »
The one on the oldest is about the best and most comfortable one you can get for a kid, the infants ones are a PIA if you ask me. Yellow one came from overtons and the infant one from Walmart.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #44 on: Jul 14, 2013, 07:43 PM »
It's been slow the last couple weeks on Sebago for me. I haven't been able to put in too much time, and when I do it's not ideal weather or times of the day. Been mostly just floating and sipping with the family, with the occasional morning run. Getting a couple salmon before the sun comes up, and a few togue here and there, and I got lazy on my trip reports.

Today I had a buddy meet me at the lake at 530 and we decided to run around for a couple hours after salmon, where we ended up with a couple shorts, then moved to a new togue hole I have been working over. The fish are there and at a steady depth, I have just been having an issue hooking up so I tried a new method and we got into them pretty good. I fished with my buddy until 1030, dropped him off, fished solo until 1230, then fished with the family till about 3. Ended up with a dozen over 23 inches, one 7 pounder and a 29 3/4 inch 10 pounder which was my biggest to date out there. The big one spooled me on it's intial run and I was sure I had something hooked in the tail. With a light action okuma rod and 8 pound test, it was an amazing battle and net job as I was solo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.