FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oswego? Lake Ontario/ Info;  (Read 6318 times)

CLAMFARMER

Re: Oswego? Lake Ontario/ Info;
« Reply #30 on: Aug 24, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Just got back from the trip. .... we lost two monsters, one broke the 30# floro leader and another one bent a rugged treble. Charlie & I will definitely be going back and will fish browns next spring in addition to the salmon season.

I’d be happy to give you guys pointers on playing the BIG ONES.  :o  ;) :whistling: :thumbup_smilie: :flag:
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

deerhunter

« Reply #31 on: Aug 24, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Bill, let me know how you do. He found a new spot for salmon. I guess you may have had some wind.
we did ok ,bob. couldn,t get out to the deep salmon spot, just too dam ruff. 7fters so we fished near the plant. got a half dz fish.one pushin 25 lbs. fished the touge grounds on fri. and did good. one was a 20lb touge. only picked up a couple salmon on the way back.i'll post some pics later

deerhunter

« Reply #32 on: Aug 24, 2019, 05:48 PM »
a few pics

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #33 on: Aug 26, 2019, 06:29 AM »
we did ok ,bob. couldn,t get out to the deep salmon spot, just too dam ruff. 7fters so we fished near the plant. got a half dz fish.one pushin 25 lbs. fished the touge grounds on fri. and did good. one was a 20lb touge. only picked up a couple salmon on the way back.i'll post some pics later

Nice fish Bill, one real nice salmon and a big togue. Fishing that lake is always a challenge but Glen still gets the job done. Glad you had a good trip. We have already booked three days for next year's August trip and will fish browns in the spring.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

deerhunter

« Reply #34 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:04 AM »
yes he told me you booked 3 days.lol. I may go back up in a couple weeks and help him pull the boat and do some fishing. then its april for the browns when the boat goes back in. big fish in that lake

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #35 on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:35 AM »
yes he told me you booked 3 days.lol. I may go back up in a couple weeks and help him pull the boat and do some fishing. then its april for the browns when the boat goes back in. big fish in that lake

Bill, you got me hooked!  I never thought that I would hire a guide, being one myself but he sure knows the
system in that body of water. 

That lake does hold some monsters. I have the three day trip planned for two days fishing salmon, the third day
lake trout, then in for browns.  lol  (weather permitting for that schedule, could be mixed up)
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.