FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gulf of Maine cooling down !!  (Read 11840 times)

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
Gulf of Maine cooling down !!
« on: Aug 06, 2019, 02:05 PM »
 I guess nobody has told the puffins about global warming and the end of life on this planet coming in 12 years .  🤪😁🤪

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/08/05/puffins-fill-up-nesting-islands-this-year-despite-challenges/

The birds are thriving because of multiple factors, including an abundance of the type of fish they’re best suited to eat, such as young haddock and hake and herring. In some previous years, the birds have suffered because those fish were less available, replaced by fish that are more difficult for them to digest. The appearance of the more ideal fish could have to do with the Gulf of Maine running somewhat cool recently

TightLinesMaine

Re: Gulf of Maine cooling down !!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2019, 10:56 PM »
“This is a good year. But I think the message really is this – in recent years, especially since the big heat wave of ’12 and ’13, we’ve seen a pattern of good year alternating with not-so-good year,” Kress said. “We’re very much in a system of a roller coaster as far as the puffins go.”

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2019, 05:57 AM »
"“That is where we’ve seen a very high rate of warming,” Pendleton said of Northeast Channel, which is a deep trough east of Georges Bank that connects the gulf to the deeper ocean off the continental shelf.” 
https://bangordailynews.com/2019/05/29/news/hancock/deep-gulf-of-maine-has-been-warming-twice-as-fast-as-the-surface-study-finds/
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2019, 08:34 AM »
Don't stop the sky is falling . The sky is falling .       Got to keep those government grants rolling in !!!

canoeist

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2019, 10:02 AM »
How does your wild Maine Shrimp taste?? Yummy??  :-*

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Ask the mackerel .

canoeist

« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2019, 10:57 AM »
Hate to break it to you but mackerel was just listed to NOAA's overfished list. The Maine smooth skate was just de-listed so dust off your skate lures and get after them!

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 07, 2019, 01:53 PM »
Ya when I over fish them . There full of 🦐   🦐.  🦐 🦐

Imagine if we were not over fishing the mackerel . The shrimp would really be in trouble with so many more mouths to feed .

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #9 on: Aug 07, 2019, 04:42 PM »
Ya when I over fish them . There full of 🦐   🦐.  🦐 🦐

Imagine if we were not over fishing the mackerel . The shrimp would really be in trouble with so many more mouths to feed .

The mackerel are eating brown shrimp (Crangon crangon), NOT Maine Gulf shrimp (Pandalus borealis)
I know science can be a challenge for ya, GB. But your “landlubber” is showing when you can’t tell your shrimp apart. hehehe 8) ::)
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2019, 05:09 PM »
Hate to break it to you but mackerel was just listed to NOAA's overfished list. The Maine smooth skate was just de-listed so dust off your skate lures and get after them!

Natural oceanic and other bio-systems have crashed. Pretty amazing crazy suicide what humans are doing.

canoeist

« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2019, 09:42 PM »
Natural oceanic and other bio-systems have crashed. Pretty amazing crazy suicide what humans are doing.
Science is bad until you need a life saving operation.  ;D

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2019, 04:49 AM »
It’s the same small planet....

Parts of Alaska Have No Sea Ice For the First Time Ever As Temperatures in the Region Hit Record Highs

"Because of this role in cooling the Earth, melting sea ice will cause what’s called a positive feedback loop — it can no longer reflect back as much sunlight as it used to. “If we lose the sea ice cover because it’s getting warmer, than there’s less of an area that is this reflective surface. That means more of the sun’s energy is absorbed and that makes it even warmer,” says Serreze.....While climate change continues to affect the entire planet, phenomena like this make the Arctic especially vulnerable. “The Arctic is warming up very strongly. It even has a name — it’s called Arctic amplification,”said Serreze. “Over the past couple of decades the Arctic is warming up at roughly twice the rate as the globe as a whole......This is especially true in Alaska. Serreze described the region as “ground zero” for climate change."”
https://news.yahoo.com/alaskas-sea-ice-lowest-august-211549609.html

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Don't stop the sky is falling . The sky is falling .       Got to keep those government grants rolling in !!!

This sentence in NO WAY negates the facts and studies of 100% of actual studies by people that live to find the facts:

"The appearance of the more ideal fish could have to do with the Gulf of Maine running somewhat cool recently.” 

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #14 on: Aug 08, 2019, 05:41 AM »
Science is bad until you need a life saving operation.  ;D

OR if your fish finder or GPS goes down!!!! HAHAHA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.