FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: August.....Couldn't Ask For Much Better  (Read 4573 times)

lowaccord66

Re: August.....Couldn't Ask For Much Better
« Reply #30 on: Sep 05, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Thanks.  Sounds good.  As it turns out, I have family in the Hartford area.  I don't get down there much, but likely will in the future.

The regulations are crafted by "stakeholder's groups".  That doesn't go well.  I will say that the State did acknowledge that I found some activity that wasn't quite right, but no penalty if it was corrected "quickly".  Weak regs erring toward industry with mega loopholes. 

No penalty if it was corrected "quickly".  I can slow my car down quickly from 100 MPH.........I guess that means no ticket ::)

I don't mind taking a ride either, but do know all of the farmington's 21 miles of trout management area and wouldn't mind showing anyone from fishfinder a hole or 2. 

The shame is those stake holder groups in some areas are the tax base...the local politicians don't like to ruffle feathers with them. 

Tightlines thats a shame.  It would bother the crap out of me to see that happen over the course of time.  They paved a giant parking lot and walking path near the farmington and the run off now is insane.  I was thinking about it as I was walking out this evening.  Used to be all dirt.  Miss those days.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #31 on: Sep 05, 2019, 06:51 PM »
Tightlines thats a shame.  It would bother the crap out of me to see that happen over the course of time.  They paved a giant parking lot and walking path near the farmington and the run off now is insane.  I was thinking about it as I was walking out this evening.  Used to be all dirt.  Miss those days.

The farmington in CT? that's a gem of a river, it's on my bucketlist. That is too bad...

But yeah, i wish i had yearly photos to show the damage that has been done over time.  Thank god water temperatures arent an issue at this brook but the erosion is a huge problem; erosion combined with the 3 drought ridden summers in a row (2016, '17 and '18 i think) have really taken a toll on this particular brook.  I can now wade through multiple stretches of this brook that wouldn't even have been remotely possible say 10 years ago.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #32 on: Sep 05, 2019, 07:08 PM »
I fished the Farmington once when I was in the Coast Guard and had training in New Haven about 30 years ago.  I fished with a guy from Cromwell.  Not sure of the stretch we fished, but it was good, including a memorable brown at dark on an inch worm pattern.

I don't mind taking a ride either, but do know all of the farmington's 21 miles of trout management area and wouldn't mind showing anyone from fishfinder a hole or 2. 

The shame is those stake holder groups in some areas are the tax base...the local politicians don't like to ruffle feathers with them. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #33 on: Sep 06, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Yes the Farmington in CT.  There are some really large wild browns in there!  While we are at it..if either of you could recommend a medium to large river for me to flyfish up your way this fall id appreciate it.  The more remote, the better.  Shoot me a pm if youd like.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.