FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoked Corn Beef Brisket Recipe with Pics  (Read 7217 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Smoked Corn Beef Brisket Recipe with Pics
« on: Mar 15, 2009, 06:54 PM »
I posted this on IS as well but thought it may be a better fit here

In honour of spring like weather I decided it was time to break out the Smoker this weekend, and in honour of St Patty's day this week my meat of choice was a Corn beef Brisket.....here goes

go to your favourite butcher and grab a 3-4lb corn beef brisket. This will make 6-10 large sandwiches. I like to make a pepper based rub for the corn beef, to do this I mix equal parts pepper corns and paprika. about 2tbsp of each, along with 2tsp of both garlic and onion powder.  I throw these all into a coffee grinder and mix well (under pepper is ground). I like to apply the rub 12-24hrs prior to the meat hitting the smoker

Here is my freshly rubbed brisket

So 12 hours later it is time to fire up the smoker...the plan is to cook this bad boy for 4-6 hours depending on how thick the brisket is in the centre. So you want a fairly low heat about 250 degres. I like to make sure there is a full smoke going on prior to placing the brisket in the smoker

you can see my Bradley starting to spout some smoke..I left the vent half closed to keep some moisture in

Around 4 hours later Your looking for in between 170-180 degres as an internal temp on your brisket. Once it hits at least 170 I usually pull the brisket and wrap in foil for 15 minutes while the juices redistribute and the meat will still go up in temp another 5-10 degres

I love this pic, this is why you don't open the smoker while cooking, one you lose the precious smoke and two your temp drops in the smoker which will add cooking time

Here is the finished product...this one only took 4hrs, as it was a fairly thin 4lbs.

When it comes to corn beef it is all about the thin slices on a fresh bun....I broke out the meat slicer and make some paper thin slices to load up a few sandwiches

nothing better then smoking on a spring like day

B.K.G.

Re: Smoked Corn Beef Brisket Recipe with Pics
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:50 PM »
That looks real good I will have to try that ;D

fisherman20

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 10:08 PM »
how many beers does that take and is that a claussen pickle?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:24 AM »
the beers depend on the day...but yep that is a claussen

otiscohillbilly

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Looks really good. I will have to get a smoker. Any recomendations.
Hillbilly

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2009, 09:04 PM »
if you are looking for recomendations on smoker makes...then Bradley is the way to go. If you have a little extra coin I would step up to the digital model, it gives you more control of the heat for cold smoking

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.