FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO PREPARE FISH?  (Read 14417 times)

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO PREPARE FISH?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 23, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Thanks Guy I'm getting some great recipes, and getting hungry.  Tight Lines to all of you :)

NYSporty

« Reply #31 on: Jul 24, 2012, 12:19 PM »
Salmon on the grill no skin.
I mix BBQ and mayo 60/40 with a few drops of hot sauce.
Brush it on both sides and cook on med.

TheDL

« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Lets keep this rolling, still looking for help with grilling the salmon, or trout on the grill.  Anyone with any solid advice is welcome.
This is also something I've been experimenting with, I've tried a few things, some better than others:
-emeril's smoker bag http://www.emerilstore.com/products.asp?dept=1193- usefull for a large portion, I used a big bone in salmon steak.  Small fillets don't get enough time in there to absorb the smoky flavour, probably the easiest salmon on the grill IMO
-this seasoning is AMAZING for trout, I don't know what's in it, but my wife (who hates all salmonoids) loves grilled salmon/trout rubbed with this stuff http://www.clubhouse.ca/en/products/detail.aspx?salmon_Seasoning&id=039baa9c-0fd6-4316-b764-b53494dc17d9
-grill salmon/trout and glaze several times with a mixutre of soya sauce, real maple syrup, ginger, garlic and a bit of lemon - google recipes for proportions, pretty tasty, just grill skin down for 80% of the cook time glazing heavly and don't put the glazed side down on direct heat it will burn black very quickly

I find salmon/trout taste better grilled outside of the foil wrap (which I used to do a lot), allowing some of the moisture to escape and get a direct crisp tastes much better IMO, I find salmonoids to be pretty fatty/greasy and a bit of dry heat/crisp skin improves the meat  ;D
tight lines....

TheDL

« Reply #33 on: Jul 24, 2012, 02:32 PM »
be sure to remove any of the gray 'fatty' matter that is usually between the skin and fillet.  This is what usually causes the 'fishy' taste in Salmon.  It should scrape right off with a fork or spoon. 
Yep, that too!
tight lines....

OTIS

« Reply #34 on: Jul 25, 2012, 09:31 AM »
My brother-in-law's family has three charter captains in Kona, Hawaii.  They're always cooking up some kind of fish.
Here's their tarter sauce recipe:
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
1/3 cup Mayo
Fresh onion, sweet pickle relish, and horse radish to taste.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

TheDL

« Reply #35 on: Jul 26, 2012, 10:52 AM »
My brother-in-law's family has three charter captains in Kona, Hawaii.  They're always cooking up some kind of fish.
Here's their tarter sauce recipe:
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
1/3 cup Mayo
Fresh onion, sweet pickle relish, and horse radish to taste.

Huh, yogurt and horse radish?  That sounds pretty good, I'll have to try it!  I make a similar tartar sauce:
equal parts mayo and sweet relish, add garlic powder and dill to taste.  Touch of black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.  Man, I'm getting hungry!
tight lines....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #36 on: Jul 27, 2012, 01:48 AM »
Brush the fillets with garlic and olive oil
Season with cracked pepper and sea salt
Cover with salsa
Add whatever else you like...I like mixed olives and asiago cheese

Plop them on the WEBER and cook indirect with a bit of smoke...Oh Yeah!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.