FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: So when I hooked up the kayak trailer to the new Volkswagen Crossover  (Read 1961 times)

taxid

the turn signals were reversed. Everything else was fine as in brake lights, tail lights, side lights, and flashers. No worries though as I just cut the yellow and green wire on the pig tail and switched them.

Wires are correct on the trailer as in green right and yellow left , brown, side lights and tail lights.

The wife got the Volkswagen Taos Crossover last year. Apparently due to it being a foreign car the wiring is a little different? Decided to take it on vaca this year to pull the small utility trailer I put my kayak on vs. my older vehicle. The trailer will open up space in the car for other things that are put into the trailer vs. putting them in the car with just a kayak rack on top.   

I had the hitch installed and wiring done at U-Haul as the Volkswagen dealer won't do it. Something to do with specs not released by Volkswagen? And of 4 places I called 3 of them refused to do the hitch wiring on a foreign car. They had no problem with the hitch itself though.

We get up to 41 mpg and the base price a year ago was in the low $20, 000 range. It seems to be quality built. No issues with it.

Anybody else run into this?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

Nope but id imagine the dealership didnt want to wire a car that wasnt meant to tow.  Safe drive out.

taxid

Nope but id imagine the dealership didnt want to wire a car that wasnt meant to tow.  Safe drive out.

Could very well be. The engine is only 1.5 liter and a 4 cylinder, but I'm hoping the 4 X 6 trailer with a 70 lb. kayak shouldn't be an issue.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

Not a bad looking ride at all and agree it wont be an issue. 

taxid

Not a bad looking ride at all and agree it wont be an issue.

That's actually a file photo off the Internet of the same make, model, and year. I was too lazy to take a picture of the actual vehicle that is in the garage. Ours is gray in color.

lowaccord66

Even better.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.