FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: adkRoy's Adirondack adventures  (Read 11110 times)

BAZOOKAJOE

Re: adkRoy's Adirondack Meanderings(more photos added 7/7)
« Reply #15 on: Jul 10, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Cool pics!!  Looks like a nice little campsite.   8)

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Re: adkRoy's Adirondack Meanderings(more photos added 7/7)
« Reply #16 on: Jul 29, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Hiked into 2 ponds in the southern adirondacks today. Tried fishing both. Over all an 8 mile round trip. No fish were caught.  :P

Funny posted sign near the trail head.

Lots of these guys all over the place. I had to watch where I stepped.

Pond #1, 1.5 miles from the trail head:

This is what makes me a grumpy old man. I hate people that just leave their trash out in the woods. If the idiots can haul it in, then they sure as heck can haul it out.

Where I fished on Pond #1. I could see pan fish but they were not biting. Pond was down low.

Really cool blue flowers growing all around the pond:

Lets play guess what animal left the poo?

Old house foundation from the 1800's

At 3.3 miles I reached pond #2 and found this junk lying around. People amaze me with the crap they haul into the woods sometimes.

Campsite on pond #2:

Some views of pond #2:

Some self shots at pond # 2. I did try fishing here but saw and got no fish.

More trash left by people by this beautiful little lake   :cursing:

I love the way this tree grew

Old dam and mill foundation at pond #2 dating back to the 1800's, 3.6 miles from the trail head

The beavers have patched up the hole in the old dam thus raising the water level back up.

at 3.8 miles from the trail head, I found where some one lost part of their atv even though atv's are not allowed on forest preserve land.

Some indian pipes growing on the trail:

Spring next to the trail at 4.0 miles

at 4.1 miles from trail head, came across a very old hunting cabin:

Unfortunately,  :-\ you can see how people have broken into the cabin many times:

This is where I turned around and walked back. The last mile back to the trail head I got caught in a down pour. 
Over all a great hike.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: adkRoy's Adirondack Meanderings(more photos added 7/29) pg. 2
« Reply #17 on: Jul 29, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Great pics of a good hike! Thanks!  8)
The trash thing p!sses me off, too. Some people just don't get it!!!  >:(
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

OTIS

« Reply #18 on: Jul 30, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Great pics!  It's unfortunate about the trash!  I'd guess bear poo.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2012, 10:50 AM »
Great pictures ADK...  Trashy people leave trash behind....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #20 on: Aug 05, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Hiked in to Jockeybush Lake in the Adirondacks this morning before the big rains to do a little fishing.  Sally Beagle came with me to keepme company.

These are Emerald Ash Borer traps the state put up to monitor the spread of this invasive bug.

It says 1.1 miles to the lake but that is to the outlet. You need to walk another .25 to get to deeper swimmable, fishable water.

Sally was excited to be hiking

Hey dad, I found a good smell!

Sally crossing a stream, she hates getting wet

When we got to the outlet of the lake, sally wanted to get a drink but ended up getting stuck in the mud:

Jockeybush lake looking west from the outlet

I recommend crossing over the old beaver dam at the outlet and staying on the north side. nice fisherman's path that leads to a campsite and some rock out crops and deeper water.

My collapsable pole and hiking tackle box. fit nicely in my backpack

Sally drinking. This is where I threw her in and washed the mud off her.

I love this dog.

Sally napped while I fished.

Sally took this picture of me fishing

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Some more great picture ADK.   Looks like a nice hike...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Some more great picture ADK.   Looks like a nice hike...

Its a pretty easy hike. Met a guy on the trail much older than me carrying a canoe into the lake to fish. Made me wish I had brought one.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Nice report. Looks like a pretty lake. Thanks for sharing.
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

OTIS

Another great post!  Love your beagle, we have two.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
GREAT POST.adkroy,i too see the junk when i walk in to fish,i bring a bag to take out as much as i can[WE MUST PICK UP AFTER KIDS]
and i donot let it upset me,this is the way they were raised,what does there home look like
just a thought
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
GREAT POST.adkroy,i too see the junk when i walk in to fish,i bring a bag to take out as much as i can[WE MUST PICK UP AFTER KIDS]
and i donot let it upset me,this is the way they were raised,what does there home look like
just a thought
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Unfortunately, there is way more junk up on some of these ponds than I could carry out.  :P Its a product of illegal atv use on state land.

O

Cool thread Roy, thanks for sharing your pictures.  I have always wanted to do some easy hikes in the ADK. But have no idea where to start.  We are going to be in Old Forge just after Labor Day for a friends wedding.  Any suggestions for a 3 to 4 hour hike nearby for me, my wife and 16 y.o. Daughter?  We are looking for something to do between the grooms dinner and the wedding.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Bald mountain, or  moss lake circuit. Those are two very nice hikes in the oldforge area.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Like ADK said Bald Mountain is awesome...  You get to climb the fire tower...   Another good one close by is Rocky MT...   In between Eagle Bay and Inlet...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.