FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Maxi?  (Read 1228 times)

fishinator

Maxi?
« on: Nov 05, 2020, 10:54 AM »
Any recent reports? Can't decide between maxi or trail creek this weekend. 

LundProv

Re: Maxi?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2020, 09:41 PM »
Glad you asked about Maxi...  I chose to fish Maxi today and if leaves were fish, I had a boat full.   I am a troller for the most part and fished Max a week ago Sunday.  I troll jigs/minnows in 8' to 12' of water with two rods and then cast a jerk bait either to the deeper or more shallow side.  I fished today from 3 until 7:30 and caught one 17" smallie.  With it now being dark at 5ish, I decided to cast a floating rapala after dark for a few hours, as this has the potential to produce but all I came home with, was very clean rapalas.  Regardless, it was a beautiful few hours, outside, no mask, warm breeze, peace and quiet...  Where ever you choose to go, you will have a great time...  You are probably a much better fisherperson than me.

fishinator

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:09 AM »
flip a coin.

now, do you really believe all the "reports" on the net?  seem some are pretty inflated these days :rotflol:  just today, I seen a guy saying he was catching 12" crappie that weighed 2.5#.  must have been on a lead diet. lol I guess some people think others will believe anything. I say go fishing and find out.  the search is half the fun.  at least it used to be before panoptics turned everyone into a pro.
I definitely don't believe everything I read but I've been on here long enough to know who I can trust.

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2020, 07:11 AM »
Glad you asked about Maxi...  I chose to fish Maxi today and if leaves were fish, I had a boat full.   I am a troller for the most part and fished Max a week ago Sunday.  I troll jigs/minnows in 8' to 12' of water with two rods and then cast a jerk bait either to the deeper or more shallow side.  I fished today from 3 until 7:30 and caught one 17" smallie.  With it now being dark at 5ish, I decided to cast a floating rapala after dark for a few hours, as this has the potential to produce but all I came home with, was very clean rapalas.  Regardless, it was a beautiful few hours, outside, no mask, warm breeze, peace and quiet...  Where ever you choose to go, you will have a great time...  You are probably a much better fisherperson than me.
thanks for the report. Still haven't decided where to go. I do great at maxi through the ice so I know the quality of fish there. I just can't seem to put it together on open water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.