FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cool Camping.  (Read 2119 times)

SLAYERFISH

Cool Camping.
« on: Aug 16, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Camped at 10,800 ft.  Nice and cool I think the high was like 70F. 45F at night. Did some hiking and dry fly fishing.

iceman260

Re: Cool Camping.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2020, 04:28 AM »
Way to social distance thanks for sharing.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2020, 04:53 AM »
Looks like fun..    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

yellowpike59

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2020, 06:51 PM »
awesome

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Wow, I like that setup. I will own one myself someday.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2020, 02:04 PM »
Love that!  I'd like to do the same.  Problem is im more likely to buy an ice castle before a camper trailer!

Jethro

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Love that!  I'd like to do the same.  Problem is im more likely to buy an ice castle before a camper trailer!

But the problem with an Ice Castle or any kind of camper trailer is you can't also tow a boat. So you want to drive across country with your camper and do a bunch of fishing on the way? Well I guess it can be kayak fishing. But I want my boat. So a truck bed camper is where it's at! And this one looks nice and light! And on a nice truck.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2020, 09:00 AM »
But the problem with an Ice Castle or any kind of camper trailer is you can't also tow a boat. So you want to drive across country with your camper and do a bunch of fishing on the way? Well I guess it can be kayak fishing. But I want my boat. So a truck bed camper is where it's at! And this one looks nice and light! And on a nice truck.

Its around half the weight of those big Lances'.  I tow my boat all the time with this rig. A cummins diesel makes towing effortless.

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Sep 03, 2020, 10:19 AM »

If I am towing an ice castle its not boat season. 

My new tow vehicle (tahoe rst 6.2l) goes to callaway 21 September to be upgraded to the 560 package....I could probably tow all three after!  Or just tow the boat and sleep in the Tahoe.  Plenty of room.  Granted I always figured my first cross country fishing expedition would be fly fishing based.  Sometimes not using the boat is a blessing.

Jethro

« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2020, 01:17 PM »
If I am towing an ice castle its not boat season. 

My new tow vehicle (tahoe rst 6.2l) goes to callaway 21 September to be upgraded to the 560 package....I could probably tow all three after!  Or just tow the boat and sleep in the Tahoe.  Plenty of room.  Granted I always figured my first cross country fishing expedition would be fly fishing based.  Sometimes not using the boat is a blessing.

Oh hell, if I had an Ice Castle I would camp in it all year. Those things are sweet!

I would say you can tow all three with that setup. I'd love a Tahoe, I'm thinking of going with one when I move on from my '17 Sierra SLE with the 5.3l. d**n things are expensive though! Even preowned.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2020, 01:45 PM »
I hate to admit this...but optioned with the 560 package I'm just under 6 digits even buying the RST with 9k miles.  Well worth it after years of vehicles with over 200k including my last two tahoes an 09 LT (the one I sunk) and my 08 ltz (which I still own)...I'll smile when I surprise a Porsche or two on the highway.

I looked at the ice castles...home office for work is in Eden Prarie MN so a bunch of my co workers ice fish to a great extent.

All I need is a cot pad and a sleeping bag and I think the Tahoe will do.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #11 on: Sep 04, 2020, 11:47 AM »
100K? You can get a new diesel truck with slide-in camper for 100K!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.