FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's simple baked walleye.  (Read 4448 times)

slipbob

Slipbob's simple baked walleye.
« on: Oct 19, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Okay folks.  So you got yourself a walleye, or maybe some perch, or maybe some crappie, who knows but you got something.  Here's a simple way to make a delicious fish meal.  For me it all starts here.  We need a walleye or two.  Preferably "sushi grade".  Just like this one here in the net.
[/img]
We take a baking dish, glass or metal and lay out our filets.  Roll the filets in a little bit of oil, enough to coat them good but not enough so you still have oil in the dish.  Preferably a good quality oil like this.  Spectrum makes some of the best cooking oils you can get. 
[/img]
[/img]
Let's now season our filets.  I like black pepper, salt and some crushed red pepper.
[/img]
I like a few small pats of butter but that's optional and the dish can be easily made without the butter to save a few calories.
[/img]
Now just simply cover the filets with enough bread crumbs to just give them a nice coating.
[/img]
Get your oven heated up to the 375 degree range and it should take about 15 to 20 minutes to bake it up depending on how thick the fish is.  For this meal I cooked up some nice oven roasted fingerling potatoes fresh from the local farmers' market and some fresh fall broccoli.  I left the taters in the oven to finish up while I was cooking the fish on the rack above.
[/img]
The broc was just starting to gently steam as the fish cooked.  Remember, when steaming veggies keep the heat on low.  You NEVER want to steam veggies on med or high heat. 
[/img]
And here we are.
[/img]
A nice, healthy simple dish from slipbob's kitchen to celebrate the fall harvest. 

Bartman44

Re: Slipbob's simple baked walleye.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Looks great there SB. Thanks for the recipe.   

devil-man

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2005, 11:16 PM »
Who cares if it's healthy?
It looks delicious...

butterworm

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2005, 08:06 AM »
who eats healthy ??? thanks for the receipe slipbob. i'll give it a try the next time i have some fish to eat.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2005, 08:58 AM »
slipbob eats healthy, let me tell you.  You might as well call him slimbob!  He is one skinny dude.

slipbob

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2005, 09:05 AM »
slipbob eats healthy, let me tell you.  You might as well call him slimbob!  He is one skinny dude.

Hey maybe a new name for me, "slimbob sqarepants".   ;D  I'm bulking up for winter, let me tell ya. LOL! 

mrwalleye

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2005, 09:34 AM »
Okay folks.  So you got yourself a walleye, or maybe some perch, or maybe some crappie, who knows but you got something.  Here's a simple way to make a delicious fish meal.  For me it all starts here.  We need a walleye or two.  Preferably "sushi grade".  Just like this one here in the net.
[/img]
We take a baking dish, glass or metal and lay out our filets.  Roll the filets in a little bit of oil, enough to coat them good but not enough so you still have oil in the dish.  Preferably a good quality oil like this.  Spectrum makes some of the best cooking oils you can get. 
[/img]
[/img]
Let's now season our filets.  I like black pepper, salt and some crushed red pepper.
[/img]
I like a few small pats of butter but that's optional and the dish can be easily made without the butter to save a few calories.
[/img]
Now just simply cover the filets with enough bread crumbs to just give them a nice coating.
[/img]
Get your oven heated up to the 375 degree range and it should take about 15 to 20 minutes to bake it up depending on how thick the fish is.  For this meal I cooked up some nice oven roasted fingerling potatoes fresh from the local farmers' market and some fresh fall broccoli.  I left the taters in the oven to finish up while I was cooking the fish on the rack above.
[/img]
The broc was just starting to gently steam as the fish cooked.  Remember, when steaming veggies keep the heat on low.  You NEVER want to steam veggies on med or high heat. 
[/img]
And here we are.
[/img]
A nice, healthy simple dish from slipbob's kitchen to celebrate the fall harvest. 

imma try that, looks good to me.  i never bake, i need too

Reelmaster

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2005, 12:21 PM »
That is one I am definetly going to try. Thanks for the recipe and way to go on trying something different
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

backatit

« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Hey slipbob - I was looking for a good easy recipe and came across this.  I also found it on IS as that is where I usually hang out.  Anyway I tried it on some eyes I caught in Canada this year and it was delicious.  I'm going to try it on some cod tonight and I'm sure it will be just as good.  Just wanted to say Thanks and see you on IS during "hard water".

slipbob

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2006, 03:17 PM »
  Just wanted to say Thanks and see you on IS during "hard water".

Hey I'm glad you liked it.  I'm always looking for that next tasty easy to make "fish dish" and when I find one I'll pass it along!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.