FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: In the salt  (Read 4252 times)

bikrsrule

In the salt
« on: Sep 15, 2019, 04:29 AM »
My first time venturing out on the big pond this year since this is the first day we can take 1 codfish per angler...Hoping for a very large 1 codfish..Fishing report to come!!!

bikrsrule

Re: In the salt
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Well, sad to say we did not get into any decent codfish,2 keepers (21") fish were caught early and released since we were hoping to get into some larger fish, did not happen. Never caught another keeper all day, ended up with 3 keeper haddock and numerous small pollock and a few cusk, a few other fishermen we talked to had about the same luck..

Roccus

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2019, 07:40 AM »
you tried... not the worst result in the world... you cant catch what's not there... I forgot all about the "gift' 1 cod they so generously ( sarcasm) gave us late in the season when you have to scratch to find them..

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Nice job getting out there one way or another. Still had a few fillets.
Wicked Wec

bikrsrule

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2019, 06:34 PM »
From what I understand they will be giving us the "gift" 2 weeks in the spring and again in Sept and your right, we tried hard had great weather and a good fun time for all. I fished with my friend Chuck and his 2 sons that are now mid 20's and I have been fishing with those fine young men since they 10 or 12 yrs old..Has been great watching them grow!!!

bassin212

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2019, 10:20 AM »
I went out on Monday, Caught one keeper Cod about 27 inches and only 7 Haddock, tough fishing!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Nice work!
Wicked Wec

bikrsrule

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2019, 03:43 AM »
Good for you Bassin, I was going to go this weekend but I think the trout will get my attention instead..

bassin212

« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:37 AM »
I'm hoping to make one more trip trolling for trout before the season ends, most likely Sunapee since it is the closest to me

bikrsrule

« Reply #9 on: Sep 23, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Let us know how you do on Sunapee, I am heading to Newfound for the last hooo rahhhh

bassin212

« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2019, 08:20 AM »
will do

zwiggles

« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2019, 05:18 PM »
I hit the salt today with a group, and much as has been reported we struggled. Came home with some fish, but no cod. Saw plenty of them caught and our group had two shorts, but still nice to get out.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #12 on: Sep 30, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Nice work Z! What did you end up catching?
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #13 on: Sep 30, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Nice work Z! What did you end up catching?

Thanks Sharps.

3 pollock and one haddock I think. They kept moving trying to put us on fish but the dogfish and sharks were everywhere along with some serious current. My dad was fighting a nice shark (we think) for a while until another guy snapped his line off, but that’s party boat fishing. Still fun, we will go back out in November for my brothers birthday, and then Dec to fill the freezer.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #14 on: Sep 30, 2019, 11:46 AM »
Thanks Sharps.

3 pollock and one haddock I think. They kept moving trying to put us on fish but the dogfish and sharks were everywhere along with some serious current. My dad was fighting a nice shark (we think) for a while until another guy snapped his line off, but that’s party boat fishing. Still fun, we will go back out in November for my brothers birthday, and then Dec to fill the freezer.

Not sure where you fished out of nor if you want company, But I would be willing to meet you guys up there for a potential trip especially for some freezer food. PM me if you want.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.