FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Cat Fishin 7/19/09  (Read 875 times)

Skammer

Cat Fishin 7/19/09
« on: Jul 20, 2009, 09:15 AM »
Hit the North Branch yesterday at 4 PM. Got a real good hit at 4:30. He took it hard & the line was flying off the reel. When I closed the bail & felt the weight he immediately started to run out the drag. I thought if this is a channel cat it might be the 36 incher that I have dreams of catching. I had to put pressure on the spool to stop him from taking all my line out. He finally started to give a little & I got him close enough to the shore to see it was a carp. He took a chub tail with a 6/0 gammy hook burried in it! He was 35.5 inches & 28 lbs. There was no daylight catfish bite. I started to get some cats after dark but nothing too big. I only caught 9 cats for the night, mostly all males, & the biggest one was 28 inches but was only 6 lbs. I guess the spawn took its toll.

http://skam232.smugmug.com/gallery/8973443_ELfEJ/1/596375006_huJRN#596374997_M3w2Q

A FARTIN HORSE WILL NEVER TIRE & A FARTIN MAN IS THE MAN TO HIRE!!!!

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Re: Cat Fishin 7/19/09
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Nice looking fish....all look like they were fun to catch.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.