FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: SM's on dries  (Read 877 times)

jjsji

SM's on dries
« on: Sep 23, 2009, 07:32 AM »
Last night was a banner night for me on my local.  I hit it just right and found that the Slate Drake flies where coming off in a nice hatch.

Bass where rising rhythmically like feeding trout.  I could count off between rises at 30 seconds and gracefully cast out a #14-#16 grey general pattern Adams dry fly and catch a lot of dinks.  Nothing noteworty in size but it was fun to catch them on the true topwater.  I caught 20+ fish in about 2 hours.  I did catch a few on a crayfish pattern when the hatch stopped coming off.

Yeah, you can see that most were of the "dink" size.

I've fished for 4 days straight.  Being said...  I've gotten my "guide finger" back.  When you strip streamers too long the flyline cuts into your finger pretty good.  It's actually kinda painful.  All cracked and oozing a little blood.  But worth it!
I like to fish with St. Croix rods www.StCroix.com and Hair Jigs by www.jjsjigs.com.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: SM's on dries
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2009, 07:40 AM »
No pain , no gain. ;D ;D  Nice  pictures..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jjsji

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2009, 07:41 AM »
I was warned about using the SA Sharkskin line...   that it will cut into your fingers.  They are right.  It will!  :D  

What part of the 'dacks do you live in?  I used to be a Plattsburgh area resident for about 3 years. 
I like to fish with St. Croix rods www.StCroix.com and Hair Jigs by www.jjsjigs.com.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2009, 07:47 AM »
 Southern Herkimer county.. Some good bars in Plattsburg.   Spent meny summers in Willsboros Bay... Fished the Boquette river alot back in the (old) days..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jjsji

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2009, 07:51 AM »
I still dream of landlocked salmon on the Boquette and Ausable (right there at the McDonough monument in P-Burg)....     Yeah, the bars in P-Burg were great.  I usually drank at the NCO club at Plattsburgh AFB though.  No sense driving back to the base hammered.  One of these days I'll head back up.  I just have a theory that I can't drive past good water to fish to fish somewhere else.  I can be on the Finger Lakes tribs in 60 minutes opposed to a 5 hour drive back up I-87 to the North Country.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.