FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Kayak Bug  (Read 32918 times)

CowDawg

Kayak Bug
« on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:46 PM »
I'm ready to get the yaks out!!!!  Been doing lots of reading and lots of YouTubeing...

Absorbing all the different ideas and techniques...

Pretty sure I'm going to make an anchor trolley system...

Many Yakers out there?

Spider1

Re: Kayak Bug
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2017, 05:22 AM »
yeah buddy, we will be getting out soon. Once it stops raining. I've been watching youtube videos too, kind of addicted to the idea of fishing the salt this year. I'm thinking of the Jersey shore, around Sandyhook, or out on the Island. I've been watching a show called Pacific Warriors, kinda like one of them scripted "reality" shows. I don't care though cuz it's cool. It's about a group of kayak fisherman and women fishing off Hawaii in kayaks for a living. I binged the whole first season in 2 days, LOL!!! All my gear is ready to go, I just gotta load it up and I'm off and paddling!

CHEZ2

« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2017, 06:45 AM »
I'm ready to get the yaks out!!!!  Been doing lots of reading and lots of YouTubeing...

Absorbing all the different ideas and techniques...

Pretty sure I'm going to make an anchor trolley system...

Many Yakers out there?

im ready also COWDAWG....
Got a few good crappie lakes I wanna hit with the yak.Trolley anchor would help.
I put one on my yak last season.......

Spider1

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2017, 07:24 AM »
yeah, buddy! Can't wait! Gonna be a good year. 8)

An anchor trolly would be the first thing I put on a new fishing kayak, then a good crate or cooler. Cowdag, I don't remember, what kayak was it that you have? I have the Wildy Ride 115.

chris458wm

« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2017, 08:51 AM »
I don't have a kayak but I do have my John Boat and am ready to hit the soft water.  I might go out this coming weekend since we got the short end of the stick for the ice fishing season.   :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

RuttNutt

« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Might have to give up the canoe and johnboat for a kayak this year! You guys are wearing me down...............................  ;D  I was looking at them at Dunham's this weekend. Might just pull the trigger on one soon!  ;)

CowDawg

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Might have to give up the canoe and johnboat for a kayak this year! You guys are wearing me down...............................  ;D  I was looking at them at Dunham's this weekend. Might just pull the trigger on one soon!  ;)

Rut, keep watching the "Dick's" advertisements for sales...  They always put ALL of the different yaks on sale from time to time and you will save a lot of money!!!

CowDawg

« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2017, 11:45 AM »
yeah, buddy! Can't wait! Gonna be a good year. 8)

Cowdag, I don't remember, what kayak was it that you have? I have the Wildy Ride 115.

I have the Field and Stream, 12' Eagle Run.

RuttNutt

« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Thanks- I am, Cowdawg! Dick's, Gander, Cabela's, BassPro, Walmart...............................  ;D

Spider1

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2017, 11:50 AM »
lots of really good deals popping up on craigslist right now. Looking at a pescador 12 for my grandson. There was a Trident 13 for $550 but I snoozed and someone scooped it up. this is the time to look and you can get a good used one for what you would pay for a big box off the rack one. Just saying. Heck, there's a shadow caster with a paddle and launch permit for $650 in harrisburg! That would cost you almost $1000 at Dicks. Sell the canoe and john boat, probably have enough right there to get a decent fishing kayak

Spider1

« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2017, 12:01 PM »
I have the Field and Stream, 12' Eagle Run.

That's right!

hey Rutt, there's one of them on craigs list too, over in williamsport. $500. the guy says it's almost new with a paddle. I'd go with a sit on top though, especially since you like camping and stuff, more storage room. There's a couple Pescador 12's on there for around $500, give or take but that shadowcaster is nice... heavy, but nice.

L.A. fisherman

« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2017, 02:08 PM »
I'm ready. might get it out this week yet. saw a couple guys on the river yesterday. I got the itch!!!!

RuttNutt

« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Thanks guys! Unfortunately my budget is well under $500  ::), so I am looking for something cheap just to get in one for now!

big_guy_13021

« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2017, 04:13 PM »
Just to get into a kayak cheap Walmart has them for like 188

CHEZ2

« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Chris   your welcome with us guys anytime.
John boat or Yak.
I have 3 Yaks your welcome to use one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.