FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CA wildfire  (Read 1619 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
CA wildfire
« on: Aug 10, 2018, 10:03 AM »
watching the CA wildfires  and I feel  so sorry for the people  i'm also wondering  would problems will this cause  for not just the CA fishery  but  will it hurt the steelhead and salmon runs in OR and WA????the skys are  filled with  smoke
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

filetandrelease

Re: CA wildfire
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Last report I saw was maybe by the end of the month they may have it contained , truly devastating

taxid

Re: CA wildfire
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2018, 06:35 AM »
watching the CA wildfires  and I feel  so sorry for the people  i'm also wondering  would problems will this cause  for not just the CA fishery  but  will it hurt the steelhead and salmon runs in OR and WA????the skys are  filled with  smoke

Depends on how it affects the watersheds. Could cause turbid water when the rains do come which will reduce survivability of the eggs. And of course due to the drought I'm sure the flows are way down.

Read somewhere that when the west was first settled it was an unusually wet period which fooled the settlers into thinking that was normal. What's scary is core samples from natural lakes in the upper west have shows droughts lasting decades and even longer were not unusually in prehistoric times.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.