FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: nice bass from today  (Read 2616 times)

88fishing

nice bass from today
« on: Jul 19, 2012, 03:02 PM »
past couple days ive had the curse of small bass (under a pound)  today started off real slow the only thing they would bite was a pastic worm reeled over the pads real quick then drop it at the edge got a light tap and set the hook felt like a tiny bass then it jump lol and stared pulling drag  and got all covered on 10+ lbs of weeds  haha

went 6.6lb on the scale but i wanna recheck the scale for accuracy

waterwolf603

Re: nice bass from today
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2012, 03:10 PM »
thats a beauty man, isnt it weird how typically the bigger fish just barely tap it, and I find that in most species not just bass. Congrats
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

jtk2

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Nice one. I havent gotten over 4 lbs in about a month and a half myself. But ive also been fishing less. Id say the scales not too far off.
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

striper50trout

• Fish hard, live long!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Nice bass!   
It has been slow for me for the past month also. One 5.12lber and the rest under two pounds.

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2012, 06:53 PM »
Great Fish!

SpaceGhost

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Id say your scale is fairly accurate. Its a nice bass, good catch.

As for the light tap heavy fish etc...my experience is the big fish dont whack it hard because they dont have to. Nothing is going to come up and try and take its food from its mouth or give it a challenge so they tend to hit it soft. The smaller bass tend to school and are competing with each other hence the harder hits and taking off. Im not sure if this is the case but it is something i put stock into.

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Great catch ! Definitely 6+ lbs. No doubt ! I've unfortunately only been getting the 4's & 5's  ;) but the hunt continues for 15.10  ;D

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

88fishing

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2012, 06:57 AM »
Id say your scale is fairly accurate. Its a nice bass, good catch.

As for the light tap heavy fish etc...my experience is the big fish dont whack it hard because they dont have to. Nothing is going to come up and try and take its food from its mouth or give it a challenge so they tend to hit it soft. The smaller bass tend to school and are competing with each other hence the harder hits and taking off. Im not sure if this is the case but it is something i put stock into.

that makes sence most of the bigger fish ive caught just tap it and move off slowly but did have a 5.5lber like 3 weeks ago almost rip the rod out of my hands while talking to my buddy not paying attention lol

88fishing

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Great catch ! Definitely 6+ lbs. No doubt ! I've unfortunately only been getting the 4's & 5's  ;) but the hunt continues for 15.10  ;D

if i could just hit 7+lbs id be happy. then again ill just want one bigger its an on going battle lol

Poot

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2012, 12:34 PM »
very nice!

BASSQUATCH

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2012, 06:10 PM »
if i could just hit 7+lbs id be happy. then again ill just want one bigger its an on going battle lol
I have to say , 7+ is kind of hard in Ma. I've been bass fishing faithfully for Many years . Ice and Soft water . My best is 9.1 , my second is 8.3 , my third is 7.2 , that's one in each weight category over 7.0 , I have 5 in the 6 pound range . This is for about 18 years of strictly hunting bass ( fished for other species when I was younger ) Now let's talk about the 5 pound range . I have caught roughly 40-50 in the same 18 years ! Maybe more !? Now can someone tell me ,with all the 5's caught throughout the years ! Where the heck are all the 6-7-8 pounders :-)   

jtk2

« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2012, 06:23 PM »
They're smarter......
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

BASSQUATCH

« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2012, 06:57 PM »
They're smarter......
I'll agree they may be a bit smarter , but the odds are there for those who put a lot of time in . I just think there should be more caught .

justatrout

« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2012, 08:00 PM »
nice looking fish

beantownfan

« Reply #14 on: Jul 21, 2012, 08:52 AM »
Thats a hog nice LGM

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com