FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: whitehall  (Read 1139 times)

82bronco

whitehall
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:29 PM »
I was wondering if some of you Central Mass guys could tell me something about Whitehall in Hopkinton.  The Mass Wildlife site  says it's a good bass lake. No mention of crappie which often get huge in big lakes.  Any crappie out there? It's about a 70 mile tow for me  from Belchertown so I would like to do some home work before I go.   Thanks, 82 Bronco

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
Re: whitehall
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:20 AM »
Some big bucketmouths in there. Not sure about crappie by I would say they're in there. A lot of pickeral also and I think its still stocked with trout.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 06:33 PM »
I have fished it several times and have seen some Monstahs come outta there.  Been a few years for me tho.  I think I am gonna get there this summer.  Thanks for the reminder
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

bigbellybilly

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Nephew fishes there a lot and he said that crappie are everywhere and some monster bass

deerhunter

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 07:02 PM »
I live right down the street from the pond. place gets hit hard all summer long. there are crappies in there but not really a good fishiere for them. have caught a few ice fishing but none open water. some good size bass there but you don't get them too often. a lot of small pickerel. nice pond if you like no shore development. again , it gets hit hard every weekend. went by today and there was 6 or 8 trucks and trailors in the parking lot.

82bronco

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  Hope to try it in the next couple weeks

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 09:45 AM »
Friend of mine caught a 30" 7.5 lb pickerel about 10 years ago. My dad told me we used to ice fish it allot when I was little. He also said it had a big fish kill in the 80's.  I've had ok days there recent, nothing to write home about though. With that said, I'll be trying it again for the illusive Biggin :-)

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.