FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING  (Read 2713 times)

abishop

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
« on: Nov 25, 2020, 01:17 PM »
Just wondering how everyone is going to celebrate? (by way of food?). What is cooking special on the menu. Different from the turkey or ham.

fishinator

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2020, 01:39 PM »
Besides the usual Thanksgiving food, I'm smoking a steelhead. And beer.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2020, 02:07 PM »
Ahh, can't forget the B E E R. ENJOY p. s. I hope u can keep it lit. LOL

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2020, 02:22 PM »

How do you smoke beer?

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2020, 02:48 PM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2020, 02:55 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all here!

Making it immediate family this year. Too many new cases of the corona virus out there especially in my state.

The wife and I made our first and last visit to a local restaurant last week. The restaurant did everything right with all staff wearing masks and tables spaced apart. I know one can't wear a mask while eating but saw several people come in and leave without one on -- even with a sign on the door requiring one.  I just don't get it. The restaurant is losing business because of these people. They lost ours.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2020, 03:35 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all here!

Making it immediate family this year. Too many new cases of the corona virus out there especially in my state.

The wife and I made our first and last visit to a local restaurant last week. The restaurant did everything right with all staff wearing masks and tables spaced apart. I know one can't wear a mask while eating but saw several people come in and leave without one on -- even with a sign on the door requiring one.  I just don't get it. The restaurant is losing business because of these people. They lost ours.
There are a lot of stupid people out there who just don't get it or care.

rivereddy

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:03 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. Different holiday this year for sure.  It's just gonna
be me and the wife.  We're having a chunk of turkey, scratch biscuits, green peas &
spinach from the garden,and sweet taters.  Oh yeah... and the best homemade
pecan pie in the galaxy. Then, in accordance with long standing tradition, we will
watch the Lions get clobbered on the tube...

fish on, be safe

rivereddy

icecleate

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Having traditional food Saturday. Kids will come and pick it and take back to their house.

I am fishing in the morning.

Happy turkey day!

Dinkgetter

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2020, 04:28 PM »
Had to get out of state after being cooped up. Being very careful about getting exposed to virus while traveling. I'm down in Georgia about a mile from High Falls state park having Thanksgiving with my daughter and her 2 young sons. Turkey and the southern tradition of sweet potato pie.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

abishop

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2020, 08:36 PM »
Did the cranberries, candied yams, and strawberry pretzel jell-o desert today. The rest tomorrow.

wally13

« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2020, 11:02 PM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING   

fishinator

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2020, 06:52 AM »
How do you smoke beer?
with a mix of apple and cherry wood of course.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Being alone these days, I baked a ham the other day and baked a pumpkin pie yesterday. Going to my stepson's in the pm for drinks. I go to his place each Sunday evening. I know being 82 the 24th of December makes me suseptable to the virus but since I've read so much from many doctors that say wearing a mask is a waste, I causiously take some chances. I wear a mask at grocery, etc, but see my kids whenever possible.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
If the Indians would have shot a mule, you know what we'd all be having today! Ha, Ha!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2020, 10:12 AM »
Being alone these days, I baked a ham the other day and baked a pumpkin pie yesterday. Going to my stepson's in the pm for drinks. I go to his place each Sunday evening. I know being 82 the 24th of December makes me suseptable to the virus but since I've read so much from many doctors that say wearing a mask is a waste, I causiously take some chances. I wear a mask at grocery, etc, but see my kids whenever possible.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
If the Indians would have shot a mule, you know what we'd all be having today! Ha, Ha!
Teach
I have made pumpkin pie from a real pumpkin for many years in the past. This year it is frozen sarah lee. Keeping it easy. ENJOY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.