FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Crappie Tournaments?  (Read 4143 times)

sparkie

Crappie Tournaments?
« on: Mar 11, 2004, 04:28 PM »
Whose lake has tournaments for crappie?  Looking for some tournament action this year since I have the time to go.

ice1or2

• HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY!!
Re: Crappie Tournaments?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2004, 08:43 PM »
Glendale has one every year, but I haven't heard the exact date yet, will find out this weekend,unless someone else has already heard ::)

lilwill19

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2004, 07:40 AM »
There is a Crappie tournament taking place at Marsh Creek all of March.  The leader right now is 1 lb 6 ounces.  Gordon's Bait Shop is running it.
Fish On!!!

lilwill19

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2004, 07:41 AM »
Actually the tournament is held at Gordon's but I think you can bring a Crappie from almost anywhere to enter.
Fish On!!!

nuke1neil

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:31 AM »
That's good that Gordon's is doing that.I'd like to see them do it for bluegill and perch during the spring or summer.Make each a seperate contest.Five bucks is worth getting in.

lilwill19

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:41 AM »
I would definetly like to see another tournament like the March of Dimes they held back a few years ago.  Why did they ever end that tournament?  It was something to look forward to every year.  The only problem with the tournament at Gordon's is that you may enter a fish caught anywhere, such as a farm pond.  We all know how big the bluegills and crappies can get in these ponds.  But hey for 5 Bucks, it is worth it to me.
Fish On!!!

nuke1neil

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2004, 05:51 PM »
I think the guy who pretty much ran the march of dimes died and then it sort of faded away.That was a great tournament.Had prizes for every type of fish,in both adult and juvenile categories.I know several years at least somebody in our group took a prize,once we took two or three the same year.Seemed like the kids always beat out the grownups and won.That was great!

lilwill19

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2004, 07:30 AM »
Does anybody know what I would have to do to start my own tournament?  I would love to have one at Marsh Creek for Crappie, Blue Gill, and Perch.  Do I have to get it approved and by whom?
Fish On!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.