FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: morphing the shanty  (Read 3551 times)

grumpymoe

morphing the shanty
« on: Jun 27, 2004, 04:21 PM »
well this is the second summer that the shanty gets full-time use.....all i do is take out the front wall....place the screened summer front in place....and instant gazebo.....its nice to get out of the wind on cooler evenings or away from the skitters and light rains...stove for the cold.....and fire ring outside for nice evenings...does anyone else double duty their shanty?????....grump 8)

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: morphing the shanty
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2004, 06:03 PM »
I use my small portable pop up for a  out house in the summer for the  wife when we go camping.  With 5 gallon bucket  inside :-[ :-[
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

fozsey

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2004, 12:24 PM »
We use ours for storing the stuff out of the  boat we don't want to take with us. During the winter the boat is used to store the ice fishing stuff we don't use...go figure.. ;D

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2004, 01:01 PM »
That's a real beauty Moe!  Gotta say your getting your monies worth.  Hey didn't I mention to you before about putting barrels on the outside of your shanty and fishing year round????  Good to see you pulled it from the icy grips of the lake, and turned it into a seasonal guest house! ;D  Got room for me?

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2004, 01:04 PM »
barleydog......its reserved for july18-24th....sonny boy is coming from vancouver...my bet is he and the grandson will bunk at least one night under the stars....after that...its wide open.....so to speak... ;D ;D ;D let me know what week or nights you would like.......grump ;D ;D ;D

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2004, 11:37 AM »
I think i've seen it all now.  :D
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Barleydog

« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2004, 02:36 PM »
How do I explain to the wife that we have reservations to "CLUB MOE"? ;D

Cider

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2004, 04:32 PM »
How do I explain to the wife that we have reservations to "CLUB MOE"? ;D

Oh, she'll figure it out when you open up the invitation and the parchement smells of fish and a couple of y-bones and a morel crumb tumble out of the envelope!!  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2004, 12:37 PM »
hey cider...dont give barleydog any excuses to get a taste of morels...even if its just a dried old crumb.....i think he bombed out for morels this spring.... :'(

Barleydog

« Reply #9 on: Jul 02, 2004, 12:48 PM »
Yeah Cider!  Thanks for opening old wounds....  :( :( :(  Crumbs would be fine Moe!  On the other hand, have any of you seen the 225,000 acre wild fire north of Fairbanks?  Should be a banner year for morels next year! ;D  That is if we can make it out of the fires "this year."  We have been locked down in the house for the past week due to the heavy smoke and ash. :P :-[

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Jul 02, 2004, 12:57 PM »
yeh!! thats huge....hope everyone is safe and makes it through with minimal loss of family, home and habitat....grump :-\ :-\

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #11 on: Jul 03, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Grump drill a couple of post holes up front and fill with water. Voila instant ice fishing at Club Moe's. ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.