FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2010 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 716568 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 2010 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2010, 04:21 AM »
Snagger,

Heading to the Ace in the Hole Should be there by 630Am. The lower end..Humm good idea! Have to poke around there..

Are you getting on the lake??? any walters??

Send me a PM let me know..I could use a good walk...lol...
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

bunker killer

« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:37 AM »
  Well the people are already showing up in numbers, the parking lot at the bridge is pretty full.  Temps are in the upper 30's right now and stayed around 34 last night. All that fluff we had on the ground is compacting bigtime. Looks like a great weather weekend.   I'll be taking advantage of this great weather sitting on the South Shore of Oneida Lake..,Hope everyone has a great Holiday weekend.
hey Snagger, Is a warm up like this going to help you as far as turning the show on top of the ice on Oneida into Ice? or does it create dangerous Ice to walk on???

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Fished today at the Ace landed a dark skipper let him go, walked down to trout brook outlet caught a skipper there as well about 15 inchs long. There are still Cohos in the river and they are alive????? Seen male and one that I couldn't tell if it was male or female but there wasn't a spot of rot on this fish???
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #33 on: Jan 16, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Here is the little guy I got this Morning.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Snagger,

Heading to the Ace in the Hole Should be there by 630Am. The lower end..Humm good idea! Have to poke around there..

Are you getting on the lake??? any walters??

Send me a PM let me know..I could use a good walk...lol...
   More walley's today, haven't been on the ice without getting them, got a good streak going, 6 trips.  Got a good pile between all of us. Haven't hit the mother load of them or perch, working for them.  The Bananza day is coming, I feel it.. Great job on the Skippers Carpie, that's a good sign, How crowded was it today?  Hey Bunker, I hope we get rain and no snow then cold we'll see!!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #35 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:14 PM »
There was hardly anybody fishing this morning. low fishing pressure today. The esturey is lock in with ice.

SNAGGER

« Reply #36 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:09 PM »
  Came back from Oneida early and to my suprize there wasn't that many people in town today for a holiday weekend, had 2 guys out that did really well today . Double digit hook ups, 2nd day in a row for them.  Some on pink worms and some on flies, warm weather must have gotten them active again. Got my first bare spots popping in my yard, snows really compacting now.  Still  18 inches in the deep woods and 10 inches on the fields, but thats it . Wow what a snowless winter so far, give em hell boys!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:08 PM »
   The River was pretty busy Monday, the reports I got in were all good, steelies and more browns all of a sudden were cooperating...  Daytime temps hit 40 again and lows stayed above freezing with some light rain, just cloudy Monday.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #38 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:27 PM »
   Alot less guys today, weather is still mild 34 degrees, only about 7 cars in the lot..

Bigtime lake effect snowburst, picked up 6 inches of very wet snow in last 2 1/2 hours.

We needed it up in the watershed, this is equal to 24 inches of that fluff 2 weeks ago..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2010, 05:46 AM »
I'll be up there on Monday 45degs!! Hope they let some more water by then...

So where are they getting the browns??? They might be laying behind the Cohos that are still in the river. ::)

SNAGGER

« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:47 PM »
I'll be up there on Monday 45degs!! Hope they let some more water by then...

So where are they getting the browns??? They might be laying behind the Cohos that are still in the river. ::)

I wouldn't imaging they'll let any water out unless we get a GOOD rain, snow will just absorb the rain on the TUG.. Did end up with 8 inches of good water content snow, with temps in the 30's, there was alot of compaction again.   Some people around once again, had a buddy who only fished 2 hours go 1 for 4, heard the LFZ was on fire last few days, BIG hook up numbers.   The browns were caught at the head of the school Carpie, nice 4-5 lbers, half a nightcrawler..  I used to kill the left over Coho's with black maribou jigs under a float in the winter over to Maxwell bay 20 years ago, could work here..   have fun  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:50 AM »
Thanks Snagger!
Hope you get Some eyes on the lake..What a great winter so far.. I can Ice fish and hit some steelies with all this good winter weather. I haven't fished the big water for eyes in years.. I just don't like to walk for 10 miles to catch three eyes and a handful of perch, I don't have any pimples and jigging Raps. ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #42 on: Jan 23, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Helloooooooo!!! Anybody here?????? SNAGGERS thread is looking like a ghost town!!!!  ;D--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Helloooooooo!!! Anybody here?????? SNAGGERS thread is looking like a ghost town!!!!  ;D--KP
  The River isn't no ghost town, drove by the bridge at noon heading to Oneida, there was about 50-60 cars total between lots and 4 boat trailers. The reason no one talks Kp is unlike other fisherman, steelheaders don't like reporting bad or trough days, there numbers people. I've never had a problem reporting a 1 for 3 day, alot of people got spoiled the last 3 years with good water flows and plentiful dumb steelhead. Now this year you find out who can read the water and addapt, plus it wouldn't be in the best interests of the 10% to give up a hot spot in these lower waters, I understand that completly... Hope everyone is hooking a few.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

kc

« Reply #44 on: Jan 24, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Thinking of coming up Monday. Does anyone think it will be worth my while? 75 mile trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.