FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414154 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #45 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:35 AM »

You did those numbers at the Sylvan beach canal DD ?

I would be willing to bet that there was some good action to be had fishing some of the creeks yesterday like Scriba creek. It was like somebody flipped a switch on Wednesday and a pile of fish started to run.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #46 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:44 AM »

You did those numbers at the Sylvan beach canal DD ?
Nope north shore  ;)

reeleyz

« Reply #47 on: Mar 16, 2012, 12:32 PM »
Nice meeting you yesterday Ed, and congrats on the pounding you gave them :o Reeleyz, what year was it that you went out and didn't get a limit ??? :bowdown: Great job all and a nice end to the season

I have my share of tough days and I usually post them too. This year I got lucky to make the right decisions at the right times, at least most of the time.

prt311

« Reply #48 on: Mar 16, 2012, 12:42 PM »
nice job at the beach guys i guess i should have gone before work not after i work 2nd and went after work a couple nights ago and couldnt buy a fish in the 4 hours i was there

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #49 on: Mar 16, 2012, 01:09 PM »
  Very Impressive reports fellas!!! I couldn't make it out because of work and family stuff, but I  sent a friend there. He and a buddy  beat em up pretty good for about 3 hours...  FM,  after I manage to get a couple of good Crappie outings under my belt,  maybe we'll hook up and fish drop-backs with the float rod. I've got a couple of new custom colored beads I want to  try out.

Sounds good Tim, I need a good mentor llike you to sharpen my river skills. Looking forward to it.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #50 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Nice posts guys! Good to see everyone poundin on the eyes til the bitter end!  I hit the canal thurs nite and managed a zero. Then picked up one on my way home at another spot.  Wish i could of met up with u last nite DD, looks like u and Dave put a hurtin on them! 
Nice job findin em

choo choo

« Reply #51 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Hey Drowndindots....you and your buddy look familiar from yesterday morning at the canal. I fished the north side all the way down the end by that little building. Tough bite, but i landed five  keepers from sunup 'til about 10, jigging plastics, kept 3 males and let 2 nice females go. The highlight of my morning was giving a young kid, who played fish hookey and was really trying hard without a bite.... i gave him a pointer and a  plastic i was getting bites on.....then bam! he caught a nice 191/2 incher. He was super happy, and so was his dad. I left there to try and launch my drift boat way west for perch...but the wind kicked upand changed direction so i headed back home. You just gotta love Oneida lake. I'm glad you found the wally's later and hammered them ....good job.....See ya in MAY !!!...choo-choo
I'm fishing my way through life .

drowndin dots

« Reply #52 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Yep Choo , that was us . Deadeyez we missed ya bud Dave was lookin forward to seein ya  ;D

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #53 on: Mar 17, 2012, 07:59 AM »
they started to shut the gates down in caudonoy yesterday. the lake rose 4" over night. time for some perchin ;D ;D.   later...

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #54 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:05 AM »
they started to shut the gates down in caudonoy yesterday. the lake rose 4" over night. time for some perchin ;D ;D.   later...

Yep, Noticed that myself when i went by yesterday. But im sure the lake is still shallow in spots, and you could find yourself missing a lower unit?
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #55 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:53 AM »
they started to shut the gates down in caudonoy yesterday. the lake rose 4" over night. time for some perchin ;D ;D.   later...

Just in time...looks like the last of Tug hills snowmelt is roaring through Taberg.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hollywood

« Reply #56 on: Mar 17, 2012, 09:13 AM »

You just made my day!   8)

drowndin dots

« Reply #57 on: Mar 17, 2012, 09:40 AM »

Totally Sweet !!!!

coachwarner

« Reply #58 on: Mar 17, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Finally!! do you think they were waiting for walleye season to close  ??? or did they wake up from hibernation  :o

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

filetandrelease

« Reply #59 on: Mar 17, 2012, 10:33 AM »

just a thought maybe because there is no run off , and it only took them this long to realize there isn't any white stuff on the ground  ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.