FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: pie cooker recipies  (Read 4447 times)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
pie cooker recipies
« on: Jun 24, 2008, 12:27 PM »
i just bought one for my camping trip. i've had basic sandwiches, but nothing special. got any ideas?? :-\

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

minnowreaper

Re: pie cooker recipies
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2008, 01:08 PM »
sauce,cheese,peperoni is a favorite standby add onions and peppers,mushrooms.Or some pie filling of your choice if you have a sweet tooth,those are my favorites,dont forget the non stick spray ;)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2008, 11:01 AM »
sounds good. i'm going to experiment a little.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Pooley,
These things have NO limits !!!!! :thumbup_smilie: Examples..all between buttered bread.
1. mini pizzas as stated above
2. ham and swiss chz.
3. corned beef,swiss,kraut and a little 1000 island.
4. a little canned beef or chicken stew..(just like a pot pie)
5. peanut butter and jelly
6. one of my favorites is to scramble up a bunch of eggs before leaving, put them in a tupperware bowl. Bring along different cheezes and lunch meats, peppers,etc. and everyone can make there own breakfast sandwich. Adults and kids love this one. :clapping: :clapping:
We've opened and taken them apart and fried cut up bacon on one side and an egg on the other side for breakfast.
My 12 yr. old wants to try putting mac-n-chez in between bread  :whistling:who knows ???
give them a try and have fun !!!!!!
                                                                                   Keith

MnSportsman

• 21 inch Brown. Tied Personal Best, 30 yrs apart
« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2008, 12:35 PM »
Hmmmm... PIE cooker.....

Hows about some pies? like minnowreaper said...

;)

I have used them for all the suggestions so far, but I like to take some slices of bread & some pie filling , cook them up the night before, to have them for breakfast for the next day. ;D

Just remember NOT to put them in your pocket without wrapping them in something first. Unless you like to have a gooey mess in your pocket. :P
LOL

Let's hear some more ideas. I'd like to hear some new ones. That mac-n-cheese sounds tempting!

2 Browns & a rainbow                Chubby BlueGills with Shoulders. :)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2008, 06:51 PM »
Spam and beans!

Nothing tastes better, at least nothing that can lay in the sun all day and not spoil. :D

Canned chili or spaghetti O sandwiches are great too.

Smear some fresh raspberries in bread too for desert.

I try to get those butter packs in the little plastic containers with the foil seal top. most places that carry restaurant supplies will have them (or ask your waitress) I will pack one butter pack for each slice of bread. I put the bread in a Tupperware container so it doesn't get crushed. You would be surprised how good canned food can taste when it is cooked over an open fire in a pie iron. 8)

Spam is the food of the Gods!!!!!!!                                                                      

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2008, 06:00 PM »
thanks for the responces! i had too many family members, and too many greenhorns around to get anything done, so my next trip will be play time. mac and cheese? I LIKE IT!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.