FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: All recipes for a quick & tasty Shore Lunch  (Read 3913 times)

King Fisher

• Born to FISH forced to WORK!
All recipes for a quick & tasty Shore Lunch
« on: Jul 07, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Just wanted to start a thread that has everyones favorite shore lunch recipes.  Any style, any species just something quick and easy! (Why waste time cooking when you can go back on the lake and fish!)

Scientist

Re: All recipes for a quick & tasty Shore Lunch
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2008, 12:12 PM »
The absolute quickest..which everyone loves are hotdogs and cheeseburgers on a charcoal grill. Takes the most 30 minutes and that is only due to waiting for the coals to ash over. Hint use matchlight briquettes so you don’t need lighterfluid and they ash over the quickest..15 minutes. If you pre-slice the toppings for the burger the night before it is really quick.   Now if it is a fish shore lunch…I deep fry the breaded fish in a cast iron pan set above coals.  Only drawback is lugging the cooler for the fish fillets, pan, oil, breading, and eggbeaters.  Or bring frozen pre-breaded fillets and then just cook….Either way food always tastes better when outside :D

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2008, 12:57 PM »
Cleaned (butterflied) brookies wrapped in foil w/ a little butter and a splash of good beer...

Skins left on...

Set 'em on the coals in a fire and swill another beer or two...

Remove fish from fire- remove foil- and eat tasty fish right off the skin...  It's done when the meat falls away from the bone without effort...

Other than grouper (which I don't find many of in Upstate NY) thats the only fish I tend to eat...

The farther back in the wilderness you are- the better the meal at hand...  No doubt!
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2008, 04:07 PM »
my propane grill sitting on the plywood platform on the front of my jon boat. ;D why stop fishing!!!!

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.