FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cider's June 2004 Fishing Trip  (Read 4285 times)

Cider

Cider's June 2004 Fishing Trip
« on: Jun 23, 2004, 08:54 PM »
Okay, as long as I am at it, here are a few pics from last week's trip...

bayonne

Re: June 2004 Fishing Trip
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2004, 09:44 PM »
now thats what i call a trip were is your dream land at just state un less you dont mind shareing

Cider

Re: June 2004 Fishing Trip
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2004, 10:05 PM »
Thanks, I am from New Hampshire!  The rest is a secret...  :-X  ;D

bayonne

Re: Cider's June 2004 Fishing Trip
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2004, 10:24 PM »
i know thiers lots of places like that in maple country just never got thier yet someday a friend has a cabin in maine might get thier first landlock salmon are good at his lake and smallies

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2004, 06:48 AM »
cider....awesome country and relaxation shots....thought your honeyhole was empty  ::) ::)...grump

slipbob

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2004, 08:24 AM »
Holy cripes you brought everything on that trip.  That pickup must have been loaded down to the max.  Yeah what about the no brookie in the pond thing.  They sure look like trout to me.  That postmaster guy and his wife would be pleased with that catch.

fozsey

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2004, 09:06 AM »
Now Grumpy..had you been paying attention, you would have noticed that there were 2 different spots. The first was Memorial Weekend...(you know the one he was supposed to stop by and pick me up, but he stiffed me)...There was 2 places to fish where he was and he picked the wrong one. He must have picked the other one this time.  ;D Or......this might be an entirely different honeyhole in which case it may or may not have fish. Based on the pictures I vote for it having fish....OR....Mike is telling stories.... ;D I am sure it will all clear up shortly...

How am I doin Mike??  ;D

Cider

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2004, 09:54 AM »
Holy cripes you brought everything on that trip.  That pickup must have been loaded down to the max.  Yeah what about the no brookie in the pond thing.  They sure look like trout to me.  That postmaster guy and his wife would be pleased with that catch.

This is a completely different spot!  Look here (http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=3991.msg26575#msg26575) in the middle of the post and you will see pics of the fishless remote pond!  That was from the Memorial Day weekend trip in which I was skunked.  Too early in the year to be going north and expecting fishing conditions to be decent!  ::)

These are pics of my true honey hole in this thread.  5-7 lb brookies and rainbows are thick in here.  The 14-16" 1-3 lb trout are usually easy to come by.

I have to level with you too.  I went a month earlier than we usually do because of the trip to Alberta next month.  The fishing was lousy.  The pics of the trout were the best we could manage this year.  Usually the smallest trout we catch are as big as the biggest brookie in those photos.  This year we got into a ton of small trout and couldn't entice the big ones!  I was seeing all kinds of big trout on the fishfinder, but they just weren't hitting anyting!

We tried hardware (spinners and spoons) which is usually all you need.  Couldn't buy a fish that way.  We tried trolling and just casting to pods of fish.  Nothing!  Tried the flyrod on the surface with size 18 dries and couldn't get away from the 6" trout!  Finally got desperate and went with crawlers and powerbait.  Rigged on the bottom and on slipbobbers.  Some days they wanted crawlers and not powerbait and other days it was the other way around.  They never wanted the same color of powerbait twice either!  Go figure.  The fishing was tough work this year in the ole honey hole!

The weather has been so erratic with storm fronts, pressure changes, extreme temp fluctuations, and lots of precip followed by long periods of drought!  Those trout were cornfused and tight-lipped.

Hope to get up there again later in the season to see if they settle down and get into a regular pattern...

Cider

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2004, 09:58 AM »
This is what the catch usually looks like...

The largest is a 2 1/2 - 3 lb brookie, there are a few bows mixed in...

More brookies...

Jigwiggler

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Great pics!!  Looks like a beautiful place to visit/fish.  I especially like the pics through the trees w/ all the ferns, Awesome!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2004, 03:09 PM »
Thanks again Mike.  Still, nice to get away from the grind to a place like that!

fozsey

« Reply #11 on: Jun 24, 2004, 03:16 PM »
Nothing from the Grumpster yet... ;D

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2005, 06:55 PM »
nice
GIT _ R _ DONE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com