FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hawk picture  (Read 3545 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Hawk picture
« on: May 23, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Here is a pic of a hawk I was lucky to snap.  It's right talon looks like it has blood on it, so it was probably feeding when I startled it...

Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Hawk picture
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 03:01 PM »
nice action shot...cool blood  :evil:
Scotty 

PERCH INC.

• Monster Perch Rulz!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Very nice pic!!!!
Pass it on !! "Hunting and Fishing"

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 08:49 PM »
Nice hawk picture. :)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Mikepike

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 08:58 PM »
WOW nice picture! Unfortunately while out camping i found the remains of a hawk..some dummy probably shot it. I took the tail feathers for my home-made arrows. SLICK

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 07:51 AM »
WOW nice picture! Unfortunately while out camping i found the remains of a hawk..some dummy probably shot it. I took the tail feathers for my home-made arrows. SLICK

Too bad on the hawk.   Send pics of the arrows!!  During the winter, I saw what I thought was an owl dead on the road, and turning around, I found it was, so I hid it behind the safety rail and called Rogers CEnter in Sherburne.  They said they were going to pick it up and have it stuffed for use at the center.  I also have a cool pic of an owl I took a few years ago.  I saw it fly thru the woods, and I called it back with a few hoots, and it let me walk right to 10 yards as I kept hooting and snapping pics.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Great shot. I like how you managed to fill the frame of the picture with it.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 03:57 PM »
there was more 'background' to the pic, I just cropped it in photoshop to provide a larger pic of the hawk to fit in the forum size limit

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 05:31 PM »
 :o :o How close were you??

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 01, 2005, 05:54 AM »
about 10 yards

Reelmaster

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:32 AM »
Last week while farming I saw a hawk and 2 crows. The crows were bothering this hawk for about ten minutes then the hawk grabbed one crow and took it right out of the air to the field. I can saw there wasnt a whole lot left of the crow by the time aI made it over there.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:46 AM »
Good on the hawk. When I was fishing last month, on a small rocky island some herring gulls were nesting. A bald eagle flew about 200 yards away and a gull took after the eagle. The eagle had landed in a tree and the gull kept dive bombing him within inches. The eagle finally headed for higher ground and when he flew the gull was right behind and above him hammering on the eagles back. I thought the 4 times bigger eagle would destroy the gull but he didn't.

troop19

« Reply #12 on: Jun 14, 2005, 04:12 PM »
hey nice shot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.