FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Comentary on one sentence stories  (Read 4706 times)

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
Comentary on one sentence stories
« on: Mar 30, 2004, 10:26 PM »
I was just wondering if any of the participants or readers of the one sentence story format had any suggestions or observations. I will venture a couple of my own. First I occaisionally laughed so hard that it was hard to keep my shorts dry. I wish that there was some way to view or print out a condensed version w/o all the scrolling just to be able to read the whole thing end to end. Why dosen't some else pick up the lead and start one up. I'll be glad to jump in.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Re: Comentary on one sentence stories
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2004, 11:02 PM »
FM,

I started the original “Any Outdoor Writers out There” post that took a very surprising and novel twist and turn, giving birth to the “One Eyed Minnow” one-sentence-at-a-time story. (Know who we can thank or blame)?  ???  ;)  :) After that story seemed to come to an end, I thought the same thing as you. (Scary, huh)?

Suggested this to the MFF big kahuna after the first "One sentence wonder" story. Steve did not know of a way to do this. So, we have not done anything on this idea. Since you thought of the same thing, it must be a very good idea. I think if the sentences were "cut and pasted" into a Word Document, separated just by the contributor, it would read well. If it was compiled this way and reflected the last post prior to locking the topic, I think it would work.

Here is a possible example (based on the One Eyed Minnow) story:

fishin_musician
It had been a long day on the water and I had just one minnow left, as I hooked it through the lips I noticed that it was missing an eye.
sbfpa_Mike
As I looked at this eye,  or should I say lack of eye,  I had to wonder about the future of the this last hurrah for me today.
Hollywood
"I've always done well with one-eyed bait", I thought as I tossed my offering into the depths.
reelcharacter
I watched with eager anticipation as "One Eyed Jack" (as I had just named the little guy) swirled from my sight to the depths below.
HIMO
Ithought to myself, come on little guy catch me the big one, when
HIMO
to my surprise he came up out of the hole and said I can SEE what your saying.
Webguy
He then winked with his one good eye.
HIMO
yelled cowabunga and dove back in.

and so on . . .

Let me know if you think this would work. (If I wasn’t such a sorry two-finger-paster/cut-and-patcher, I would offer to do it).

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Cider

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2004, 11:01 AM »
FM & RC, I took care of it.  Let me know if you are okay with the format.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2004, 11:06 PM »
FM,

What do you think?

Cider, an outstanding job on the "Hugo first" compilation !!!
Might as well close the original One eyed minnow topic, in my opinion.

Again, my compliments on the Hugo-first.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2004, 03:23 PM »
FM & RC, I took care of it.  Let me know if you are okay with the format.  Do we want to add the photos?  If so, I will lock the topic and the story will stand as it is!

That was excellent cider

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2004, 10:49 PM »
I know this is a free form kind of thing but just for the sake of continuity maybe we should ALL read 4 or 5 of the posts proceeding our intended reply. Or else the zebras that ate the Chevies might run for congress!and little the squids at homecoming had leftovers.
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.