FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your Opinion????  (Read 2926 times)

JimP

Your Opinion????
« on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:07 PM »
What's everyone's opinion on the effect of the full moon phase on fishing, in general. Personally, it's not my favorite time to fish, even at night. We just never seem to get much during this 4-7 day period each month, how about you?  What's the reasoning behind it too, I wonder? -Jim

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
Re: Your Opinion????
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:13 PM »
I don't notice anything different except I can see better at night.  I know there is a lot of talk and theories about it but I've yet to see proof that fishing is any better.  Its just my personal experience.  I'm no profeesional or biologist.  I think weather has more of an impact than anything else.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

Pikeguy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:21 PM »
I don't know about the fishing part as I always catch fish...ha-ha lol ::). But...I know I don't sleep worth a darn during and around a full moon and I would expect it does have some influence on animals and fish as well.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:35 PM »
I don't like the full moon generally, but I think it does focus fish into feeding in a specific window of time.  I just haven't put that much time into figuring it out...yet.  I do use the moon for deer hunting, and that works well, altho the rut and weather affect that as well. 
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2006, 04:43 PM »
I like fishing the full moon.  But I also like fishing the new moon. I started keeping a detailed journal of all my fishing trips the middle of last summer. I think by the end of this summer or fall I should be able to shed a little light on how the moon phase effected my fishing/ catch rates.

Bailbuster

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2006, 05:20 PM »
You can bet the farm ,I will be on the water the first full moon high tide in june.BB

Grimace

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2006, 05:35 PM »
I cant fish during the full moon because i become a wolf.

devil-man

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2006, 05:56 PM »
I definitely favor the new moon for fishing!
I believe the reasoning lies somewhere in the moon's gravitational pull on all living things.
It effects the tides, plants, and even women...
 :P

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2006, 06:26 PM »
I like the 3-5 days before full.  New moon is good as well. There are many other factors though weather being the big one.

Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2006, 07:14 PM »
I cant fish during the full moon because i become a wolf.

:w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

jjf

« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2006, 07:26 PM »
This topic can be argued either way if its based on opinions. Don't get me wrong, but I would really like facts from some sort of scientific study :-\
someday I suppose

chicksthatfish

• fish now, work later
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Up here,  low pressure systems make the fish non existant.  New moon is good.

Fishingking

« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2006, 08:01 PM »
I have always found soft/hardwater that fish on and near a fullmoon for Crappie/Walleyes is just a waste of time.
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

chicksthatfish

• fish now, work later
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I have always found soft/hardwater that fish on and near a fullmoon for Crappie/Walleyes is just a waste of time.
Jack and Walleye too

eyedoktr

« Reply #14 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:26 AM »
I kept a log of each fishing trip for over 10 years. At the time, I was fishing 200+ days a year. Walleye only !! The results I got were that on a full moon +and - 3 days, I caught more fish but smaller on average. On new moon + and - 3 days, I caught fewer but larger walleye. This diary was kept 12 months of the year so it includes ice fishing as well as open water.

The very best time to fish though ???????

whenever you can !!!
Pete Lewis

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.