FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your Opinion????  (Read 2927 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: Your Opinion????
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:29 AM »
dok, that's interesting.  Do you have it broken down to times of day and/or night?
I kept a log of each fishing trip for over 10 years. At the time, I was fishing 200+ days a year. Walleye only !! The results I got were that on a full moon +and - 3 days, I caught more fish but smaller on average. On new moon + and - 3 days, I caught fewer but larger walleye. This diary was kept 12 months of the year so it includes ice fishing as well as open water.

The very best time to fish though ???????

whenever you can !!!

dok, that's interesting (and it sounds like a lot of work :bowdown: ).  Do you have it broken down to times of day and/or night?  Thanks, OC
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Kodiakman

• "...sometimes the bear gits you."
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:35 AM »
I also prefer to fish +/- 3 days to a full moon and new moons, I think it does have an effect altho not to the extent that weather has.  It doesn't matter how full the moon is, if the weather shuts the fish off, it's pain to catch em.

d_balm24

• WORK is for people who don't know how to FISH.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2006, 08:58 AM »
I kept a log of each fishing trip for over 10 years. At the time, I was fishing 200+ days a year. Walleye only !! The results I got were that on a full moon +and - 3 days, I caught more fish but smaller on average. On new moon + and - 3 days, I caught fewer but larger walleye. This diary was kept 12 months of the year so it includes ice fishing as well as open water.

The very best time to fish though ???????

whenever you can !!!
That is a very good idea.Maybe I should start doing the same thing.After a few years of doing this you can probably start seeing some patterns.

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2006, 09:56 AM »
The moon phase does have some effect on fish. Not even a question in my mind. But I will stand firmly on my belief that time of year (water temp), weather (high or low moving in or by), and the time of day have more to do with how fish feed than anything else.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Nice observation doctor, wish I was that organized!
Internet heros give it a rest!

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2006, 01:21 PM »
 I generally watch the barometric pressure.  Fronts coming in and out seem to have more effect on fishing than do the moon phases. Not a scientific report, just an observation :D
 Kinda goes along with which way the winds are coming from.... West is best, East is least, North and South...???? ??? ???

JD
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

wallyhuntr

• OH where OH where are those suckers.
« Reply #21 on: Mar 17, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Got a fishing buddy that says his dad does crasy things on a full moon. the dad is 90  my fishing buddy gets so many bad vibes on a full moon that he is afraid to go out at night. don't know how it effects walleye.  bar press and wind  I do watch.  have a really hard time staying on top of the walleye in a 20 mi. wind(common here in wyo) read once ideal  barometric press was 29,92. so pay most attention to that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.