FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: YOUR PROFILE  (Read 4211 times)

Contender

Re: YOUR PROFILE
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Thanks Scott,  It works now :clapping: :clapping:   And thanks for a great family of websites.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2006, 07:23 PM »
yes, very cool, Scott, thanks for adding that option to the profiles.  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Kodiakman

• "...sometimes the bear gits you."
« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2006, 09:06 PM »
This is great, it's always fun to see where other fisherman/women are from and if any are close by.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Hey! I live in the Northeast...not like the Canadian wilderness!!! Every place I fish, somebody else has already been. OK, so I don't tell you EXACTLY where I fished on such and such lake or I don't mention what stream I did well on...I usually fish within 50 - 100 mi. of my home and I am not afraid to tell my age, email add. general location, etc. If people are so PARANOID about being on this site... then don't be here. Maybe one of the prerequisites of this site to register for membership is to at least give up a little bit of info about yourself. We are all FISHERMEN (fisherpersons..to be politically correct)...we have a common bond. You don't have to give anyone directions to your house or your phone number or tell them your favorite fishing spots in your area, but when people check your profile and see no email, no age, and no location.... they may become suspicious. I have nothing to hide about myself and look forward to bantering back and forth and/or sharing info with my brethren...........WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2006, 05:59 AM »
that was very well put and i couldnt agree more
OR      [IMG]

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2006, 07:31 PM »
I dont care about my personal info being out there. I am proud of where I live, and if anyone is in the neighborhood, I will tell them a few good lakes/spots to fish. I don't, however, give out my e-mail. I am afraid it will be missused (spam, viruses, and other crap). If I am off the mark with this, please let me know.

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2006, 07:32 PM »
i hide my e mail for the same reasons                       
OR      [IMG]

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2006, 07:44 PM »
i hide my e mail for the same reasons                       
I really don't worry about it. My server has a pretty good system of screening my email. It's up to me weather or not to deliver them to my in-box. But everyone here has the right to disclose their info or not.

BlindSquirrel

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25, 2006, 05:50 AM »
Why would you need to see someone’s email?  It tells you nothing about them or their location.  If you want someone’s email, PM them and ask for it.  Would you post your home phone number?
How shall I amuse myself today?

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #24 on: Mar 25, 2006, 06:15 AM »
If you don't want spam never post your email address on a forum or anywhere in public on the internet. There are robots that browse websites collecting email addresses they find and then sell the lists to spammers.

-Scott

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Then why does MFF and IS even have a place to list it in your profile? If you want to protect everyone then remove the email address from everyone's profile.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Then why does MFF and IS even have a place to list it in your profile? If you want to protect everyone then remove the email address from everyone's profile.

It is safe in your profile, as profiles can only be viewed by registered members who are logged in. in the forums it is available to the entire internet.
Scotty 

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2006, 11:19 AM »
i think for your location in your pfofile should be manditory just the state noy the town or city or village you live in just my 2 cents
OR      [IMG]

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2006, 11:49 AM »
I have more fun finding new "hot" spots anyway...you can have my honey holes.....if you're lucky enough to find them.... ;D

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #29 on: Mar 25, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I agree Reel, to me there is nothing better than finding your own "hot hole or hot bite". You can have my honey holes,  but don't expect them to put out for you!  :D

Ewwwww what a rush!

-Scott

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.