FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 379129 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #1830 on: Sep 09, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Haven’t had any ice cream in more than a year. I substituted a few squares of dark chocolate for an after dinner treat.

I pretty much stay away from sugar in general. Except for my Bride’s peanut butter cookies.....and she’s not allowed to make them very often.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #1831 on: Sep 09, 2020, 11:05 AM »

Time to empty the freezer men. Smoked squirrel went into rice, mushroom and cheese casserole. Bear Empanadas.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1832 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:29 PM »
I would eat it.... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #1833 on: Sep 09, 2020, 02:22 PM »

Time to empty the freezer men. Smoked squirrel went into rice, mushroom and cheese casserole. Bear Empanadas.

Nice!
I love squirrel.
Like little monkeys when you get them all dressed out.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1834 on: Sep 09, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Ok. Bob i need your marinara sauce recipe if its easy to send me...

And Ed that golumpki one would be appreciated... 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1835 on: Sep 09, 2020, 02:47 PM »
Easy peasie.

Core a head of cabbage and place in 2 inches boiling water lightly salted.
Peel the leaves at they steam.
Lightly caramelize a medium chopped onion and 4 cloves garlic.
Add an egg and enough breadcrumbs to bind a half pound of ground beef, the fatty stuff.
Add the onion and garlic and season with s&p.
Add the beef uncooked roll up in the leaves.

SAUCE. 2 cans cambles tomato soup, 3/4 cup brown sugar and a tsp of red pepper. Warm to disolve sugar, no water. 

Layer rolls in pan over small leaves and some sauce
Cover the rest with sauce and bake covered at 375 for 45 mins.

If you dont like the sweet version use a fresh canned tomato sauce, i like both but was craving the sweet.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1836 on: Sep 09, 2020, 06:47 PM »

I’ll get something up for you tomorrow. Watching the Yankees stink right now. Good thing there’s popcorn and bourbon.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #1837 on: Sep 09, 2020, 07:21 PM »
I’ll get something up for you tomorrow. Watching the Yankees stink right now. Good thing there’s popcorn and bourbon.

Rg

Yea, I guess the Jays beat them last night here in Buffalo pretty soundly.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1838 on: Sep 10, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Thanks Ed.  Mindy wrote it down..
Massive heads of cabbage at the farm stand for 2 bucks.   Might have to do some sauerkraut this year...

filetandrelease

« Reply #1839 on: Sep 10, 2020, 06:28 AM »

My daughter made a beer cooler cake for a a coworkers Sons 21 first birthday

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1840 on: Sep 10, 2020, 07:27 AM »
Thats sweet .,... :thumbup_smilie:

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1841 on: Sep 10, 2020, 08:02 AM »
Thanks Ed.  Mindy wrote it down..
Massive heads of cabbage at the farm stand for 2 bucks.   Might have to do some sauerkraut this year...
Good deal. Enjoy!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1842 on: Sep 10, 2020, 12:11 PM »

The Marinara is really simple. Keep I kind that i make it as a “cooking sauce”. I generally take a pack from the freezer and let it thaw. It goes into a sauté pan and simmers with whatever i want to add. Sometimes meat sometimes nothing.

Anyway....top the tomatoes and make a couple lengthwise slits does the sides. Drop them into almost boiling water till the skin loosens....doesn’t take but a minute. Take them out of the water and set them aside till they’re cool enough to handle and peel them. The San Marzano have very few seeds so I don’t  do much to remove them. If I add other varieties  to use up extras, I’ll slice them in half and remove a lot of the seeds. I usually slice them in quarters and start them on the stove in a saucepan. Medium heat is good.

I add fresh basil, parsley, oregano, garlic......more garlic......and a little more garlic, Green bell pepper, black pepper, crushed red pepper and as it cooks I add a bit of salt and sugar to taste. I also like to add a couple tablespoons of butter. It helps thicken the sauce a bit and adds a wonderful flavor.

It cooks down for a while. I crush up the tomatoes some with a potato masher. You can cook off as much juice as you like. I don’t  go too far with it. I prefer to finish it later. I let it cool completely and portion it to freezer bags.

For your meal, If you’re cooking it for pasta, add a spoon of the pasta water to the sauce as its simmering Or add the pasta to the sauce in the sauté pan. It’ll help thicken it .

The other thing I do with this sauce is thaw out a package and toss it in the blender. Makes great pizza sauce. I really don't have a recipe. It’s just the way I make it.

Bob

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1843 on: Sep 10, 2020, 02:11 PM »
Country ribs, zucchini and garden fresh beans tonight.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1844 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:48 PM »
Thanks Bob..
 The ribs look great.... :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.