FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: athabasca river at fort mac  (Read 2147 times)

fishmonger535

athabasca river at fort mac
« on: May 09, 2007, 11:54 AM »
fished there last night. fast water, lots of debris, muddy.  but used a jighead with minnow. caught a few walleye, and some burbot.. was slow, but not too bad.

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
Re: athabasca river at fort mac
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Never seen a lot of people fishing in Ft Mac when I worked up there. The odd one by the bridge in town. But I did see a lot by the bridge to nowhere(althought |I guess it goes to somewhere now).

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

fishmonger535

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:52 PM »
ya i fished near where the clearwater comes in.. talked to a local guy he told me a lot of places to go .. specially for grayling, so many rivers around here.

fishmonger535

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:31 AM »
disgusting.. i have went down to the athabasca river at mac island and there is so much garbage. same with the hwy 63 trout pond. people around fort macmurray are disgusting with the garbage they throw everywhere.  its bad enough with the mines.  cant they at least through their mcdonalds cups, diapers. couches in the proper trash bins.. drives me nuts.. k, im done.

fishmonger535

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 08:51 AM »
fished the athabasca last night, caught three walleye, a burbot, and a goldeye in a couple hours.. still murky, but fishing wasnt too bad.

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:36 AM »
The murky water sounds like a description of the Red River near Winnipeg, and the species are similar even though we're almost two thousand kilometers away.  The fish must be relying on smell to find the bait when it's that cloudy.  Your other descriptions of the shore also sound like the Red River - lots of trash here too.   >:(

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 11:17 AM »
OH NO YOU DON'T!!! No hogging the filthy b*st*rds to yourself. We have a real problem in the South as well with the litter. All the easily accessible holes on the South Sask River are a haven for the trash depositors. Couches, shopping carts over the bridges, people coming down and changing/dumping motor oil. It'd freaking disgusting. I don't hesitate to snap pics and turn them over to the authorities. But what disturbs me the most is the amount of fishing crap I see laying around. Minnow tubs, lure packages, cig butts and mt packs, cans, bottles, six pack holders and miles and miles of fishing line. I make sure to take a shopping bag with me and I very rarely am unable to put at least a few items of crap in it.

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

fishmonger535

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 08:59 AM »
get this one  shanks, i was fishing the athabasca, right where the clearwater comes in one night.. the clearwater is closed, so u have to watch where u cast.. three guys, about 25 come down and start fishing, theyare casting up the clearwater.. then they have a few beers, a slurppy, chips, smokes, ice cream, and put it on the ground. when they packed up, they said good luck to us, and left, and thats right, they left all of the garbage laying there too.. i asked them if they were goin to pick it up, and they said the wind will get it, and walked away.. of course, i picked it up and got theri plate, but man was i hot.. i wanted to shove those beer cans.. well i wont go there. but it drives me nuts the mess. And your right a lot of fisherman leave crap too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.