FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Worlds biggest kokanee?  (Read 5516 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Worlds biggest kokanee?
« on: Jul 07, 2005, 11:09 PM »
A friend told me that Cunningham lake has the worlds biggest Kokanee? Any thoughts you fellow BCers?

grumpymoe

Re: Worlds biggest kokanee?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2005, 06:00 PM »
                                                                                                                             .........nothing finer on a hot muggy day....Grump ;D

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2005, 09:01 PM »
That kokanee is ok till ya get to the bottom of your can or bottle then the last bit tastes like mule pee :sick:
They make it look good though ;D

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Terry - dissing Kokanee like that - you wouldn't originally be from Alberta would you?  Actually it's what I usually drink here in MB.  The best BC beer I've ever had was a pint of ale brewed by a microbrewery in Qualicum Beach, on the island.  Did it ever go down good!  Next time I'm out that way, I'll have 2 pints, and let the wife drive. ;D

buzzbomb

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2005, 04:55 PM »
That kokanee is ok till ya get to the bottom of your can or bottle then the last bit tastes like mule pee :sick:
They make it look good though ;D
Where did you try mule pee? :whistling:

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2005, 05:43 PM »
When I moose hunt I spray mule pee on my clothes. Then drink a teaspoon to keep the breath smelling agressive towards a bull ;D
These are the kokanee I'm talking about.....
[/img]

OKkeeee DOkeee

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #6 on: Jul 22, 2005, 06:44 PM »
I don't know about Cunny but I'm thinking if you're gonna go for a record either Kootenay Lake or Okanagan Lake are the places to be. Just my 2 cents!
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jul 22, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Yeah the size of the kokanee have decreased over the last 5 years due to increased pressure.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #8 on: Jul 27, 2005, 02:57 PM »
There's some big ones in Cunny I'm sure...my cousin said they nailed a few around 13-14" when they were in there for lakers. Go do a brood stock capture on the Mission River at Lake Okanagan and tell me there's been a size decrease :o I've seen some that would go 3+ pounds no joke! The record is somewhere around 3 pounds isn't it?
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2005, 05:30 PM »
I know a secret hole in the mountians that produces 4+ kokanee...proof to follow ;)
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Aug 09, 2005, 05:54 PM »
Easy Tbone. There are alot of lurkers here. Please don't give away that special Kokanee lake, then there will be none left for you and I. When you take pics too don't include obvious landmarks in them. Gives the spot away. I know the 4lber lake you are speaking of buddy. I think a mid-late September trip there when they are spawning or close too maybe in order. Sound good?
No I know of a record PGKris of 15lbs 3 oz in Alaska for kokanee.

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #11 on: Aug 10, 2005, 01:22 AM »
Mid september trip sounds good terry...This week will be 12 straight fishing, so ill take a vacation and hit the kokanee hole hard in september...a vacation from fishing?? ya right lol 8) 8)
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Aug 10, 2005, 08:14 AM »
Ya make me sick tbone :sick:. Do wish I could have fished with you more but responsibilities you know. Your a lucky single guy. Hope you nail some more nice trophy bows down south this weekend. Just take a pic for tourney on your 35mm and I will scan it for you and then post. Good luck buddy and stay away from the girls unless you want your excursions to decrease.
Remember what confusus says: If the fishing is poor and you have lost 4 lures....it can only get better ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.