FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: deep frying trout ???????????  (Read 11684 times)

fishen4crabs

deep frying trout ???????????
« on: Apr 03, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I was told that if I deep fry my trout whole. I can eat the skin and the bones exept for the spin. Is this true??

OTIS

~
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Not the bones.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishen4crabs

Re: deep frying trout ???????????
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2007, 01:37 PM »
yeah this guy said the bones will soften up when you deep fry it. Then you can just chew em up. ???

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2007, 05:30 PM »
depending on the size of the fish, smaller bones will soften up when heated at high temps like when frying, you see this alot in pannies....I would still be carefull as depending on the size of the bones and how long they are cooked, not all bones will soften up and you will spend half you meal picking thru them

fishen4crabs

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2007, 01:59 PM »
thanks I think I need to find another way to eat trout!

Gamedog

• If it swims,walks or flies, it dies!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:11 AM »
thanks I think I need to find another way to eat trout!
Here's a good one for trout fillet's. Mix 1/2 cup dijon mustard with 1/2 cup of mayo together, coating the outside of the fillets. Place in glass baking dish , then top with a 1/2" layer of brown sugar. Bake @ 350 degrees till done. :thumbup_smilie:

fish_finder

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 11:15 AM »
i pan fry most of mine...bigger ones i steak them up and bake in the oven...good on the grill to
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:13 PM »
Just cook them in foil packs...with a couple pats of butter, lemon slices, spices and a little dill.

the Wizard

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 08:40 AM »
 Just wondering if anyone tried deep frying? 
        I fry smaller trout in a pan and the bones can be removed by forking the meat[ on one side ]away at the lateral line to expose the whole skeletal system , then grab the spine at the head end and pull  out all of them at once, in one piece.  Maybe this would work with larger trout that are deep fried...
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

TrekJeff

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2007, 01:37 AM »
Just cook them in foil packs...with a couple pats of butter, lemon slices, spices and a little dill.

Exactly.......you can always mix up your mix.  I've use pieces of bacon, and spices...oinions and garlic butter....tatters and carrots with butter.   When we head to the woods our main cooking utensil comes in a roll

WindKnots

• Tie 'em and fly 'em.
« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Best trout is baked, just had 3 browns last week.  Just gutted and off with the head.  Baked on the grill on tinfoil with olive oil, salt/pepper and lemon.

Skin peels right off, use a small fork and you'll have a beautiful skeleton.  If the bones arent on the skeleton, they are in your mouth!
Run it wide open or not at all.

RLWagner

• Rock-Bassin-Assasin!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2007, 03:56 PM »
I was told that if I deep fry my trout whole. I can eat the skin and the bones exept for the spin. Is this true??
Don't waste a good Trout in fry oil. Bake or Saute' that sucker!
Look...Is it a plane? train? a speeding bullet? ...No...it's a Rock Bass!http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u61/RLWagner/th_5d7a43d1.jpg[/img][/URL]

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2007, 04:01 PM »
ive pan fried in butter..but never would consider deep frying a trout..far better grilled or baked or something like that.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

Troys947

« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2008, 06:34 PM »
At a lodge I go to anually, the caretaker deep fries brook trout in beer batter, darn good with a slice of lemon on top of a nicely fried fillet!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.