FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fenwick hmg vs hmx  (Read 9964 times)

CMS

Fenwick hmg vs hmx
« on: Apr 09, 2018, 09:22 PM »
After a lot of searching I have come to the conclusion it is all personal preference, but can anyone tell me the difference between the two?  The hmg is slightly more and was wondering the difference.thank you

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
Re: Fenwick hmg vs hmx
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2018, 03:58 AM »
I have one of each and a couple other Fenwicks. They're both great rods but  I seem to reach for the HMG when I want a bit more sensitivity to feel bottom and light bites with lighter baits.  If the price difference is no object go with the HMG and you'll never wonder if you should have.  If the price matters you won't be unhappy with the HMX.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

CMS

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2018, 07:16 AM »
That answers my ? perfectly thank you sir.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2018, 07:26 AM »
That answers my ? perfectly thank you sir.
I was just looking at the Fenwick site interested in a fly rod and noticed the warranties.  The HMG has a limited lifetime warranty.  The HMX is a limited 5 year warranty.  Something else to think about.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Just found a HMX 7' one piece for $45, normally $80. Think they might have mismarked it? I didn't buy it but will probably go back and pick it up as a backup. Am I right on the 80?

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Just found a HMX 7' one piece for $45, normally $80. Think they might have mismarked it? I didn't buy it but will probably go back and pick it up as a backup. Am I right on the 80?
Yup. That's generally the going price.  A steal if it's an action you can use.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Felt pretty good in the hand, very light weight. Might slap a Trion on and have decent low priced jigger. FYI there were two of them both marked 44.99. Anyone close enough that has an interest PM me. Not sure if they were medium or medium light. I'll get back after I go get one!

WynonaW

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2019, 06:57 AM »
Felt pretty good in the hand, very light weight. Might slap a Trion on and have decent low priced jigger. FYI there were two of them both marked 44.99. Anyone close enough that has an interest PM me. Not sure if they were medium or medium light. I'll get back after I go get one!
Where are you and it located my man just cant make up his mind so might be buying both

WynonaW

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2019, 07:02 AM »
I have one of each and a couple other Fenwicks. They're both great rods but  I seem to reach for the HMG when I want a bit more sensitivity to feel bottom and light bites with lighter baits.  If the price difference is no object go with the HMG and you'll never wonder if you should have.  If the price matters you won't be unhappy with the HMX.
My man has been trying to figure out HMG or HMX last few months now.. Ive read him this forum couple times now and isn't satisfied on answers yet... Could anyone else give a bit more insite on the differences.. Please and thank you!!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2019, 07:41 AM »
My man has been trying to figure out HMG or HMX last few months now.. Ive read him this forum couple times now and isn't satisfied on answers yet... Could anyone else give a bit more insite on the differences.. Please and thank you!!
HMG has better strength and sensitivity due to the "spiral wrap" construction, nicer Fuji guides, tacky grip cork handle, and a lifetime warranty.  Worth $20 more.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.