FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Box Butte  (Read 15673 times)

Jynx

Box Butte
« on: Apr 13, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Anyone been doing any good on the Eye's?  The spawn has to be close....

Jynx

Fishingnerd33

Re: Box Butte
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2011, 01:17 PM »
I've done alright on them, gotta work for them though.

cbtrtbum

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2011, 02:14 AM »
whats the pike fishing from shore like this time of year? Looking to camp overnight and catch some pike. Thanks,Chris

Fishingnerd33

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:13 AM »
The pike are done spawning and should be hungry.  I'd hit the bays/coves on the north side of the lake (warmer) and use either live bait or spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, etc.  Fishing during the warmest parts of the day would probably be best too.

Jynx

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Just a quick update.  The pike are hitting just about anything you care to throw at them, the smallies are hitting white twister tails, and the eyes are very slow, but if your patient, their biting.  not sure if they are still spawning or not, but the males are still milking.  and it seems like they have been for about 2 weeks. The bite is slow, but should pick up some here real soon. Haven't gotten into the pannies or cats since ice out, but i'll get around to them eventually.

Jynx

Fishingnerd33

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Any recent updates on the lake?  Haven't had a chance to get out in several weeks there.  Would imagine things are starting to pick up out there.

Jynx

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 08:22 AM »
Been out a few times since the last posting:
Still haven't found the pannies since ice off, the eyes have become illusive, bass, were up just below the surface, but had a severe case of lock jaw, and the northerns, still hitting just about anything you throw at them. 

Tight Lines
Jynx.

Fishingnerd33

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Thanks for the info, if we could get some consistent, warm weather for a few days things will really take off. 

fishngolf

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 01:55 PM »
Nice to see you ice shanty guys on here. Seems to be pretty slim pickings on this site.

I will be going to a private lake Sunday morning to try for pike. It is fairly shallow and the moss gets in it later on.

Good luck in the panhandle this weekend.

Jynx

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Fished friday evening and saturday, nothing but pike, 2 Euro's and a male perch.  However the perch was male and milking like there was no tomorrow, so I'm guessing that would be part of the reason.... anybody been catching any walleye or bass on box butte lately?

Tight lines

JYNX

Fishingnerd33

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 12:05 PM »
Fished for a couple hours last night and caught a nice rudd, a bunch of pike and an 11" crappie, all on the north shore in the trees.  We were pulling spinner rigs with crawlers.  They wouldn't touch leeches for some reason.  Headed back tonight, will post another report when we get back.

Fishingnerd33

« Reply #11 on: Jun 02, 2011, 11:05 AM »
Waded the flooded trees toward the west end and got into some nice gills.  Caught around 20, all were between 7.75" - 10.5".  Kept 10 for supper tonight!  Water is warming up, and the fish are becoming more active, good time to get out and fish!

10.5" Personal Best Gill

A couple others from last night.

fishlord

• http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii165/rbfishlor
« Reply #12 on: Jun 02, 2011, 11:59 AM »
awesome catch and great pics. thanks for sharing.I need to get my but over there and do some fishing myself.I just love the pike fishing there,goodtimes for sure

Randy
Birdman

Fishingnerd33

« Reply #13 on: Jun 02, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Thanks! 

The lake is really warming up now, it was finally pleasant to get my hands wet instead of painfully cold!  Headed there this weekend again.(hopefully)

fishngolf

« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2011, 09:36 PM »
How was it this weekend? I haven't done a lot of fishing since the ice went out. Did have great luck on pike on Mothers day with my son as we caught about 35 in less than 3 hours on about every kind of lure we threw out.

Going out again on the 17th down by Brady. Guess golf gets in the way of summer fishing.

How about the road between Tryon and Arthur being closed due to the high water between Daiggers and Snyders.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.