FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Round Goby caught in Irondequoit Bay  (Read 6351 times)

OTIS

Re: Round Goby caught in Irondequoit Bay
« Reply #30 on: Aug 10, 2004, 12:04 PM »
Does anyone know if Goby are a potential food source for other fish, or if for some reason they are not? ???
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

panfish lover

« Reply #31 on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:57 AM »
I caught a Round Goby in I-Bay yesterday. Anyone else finding these nasty little fish?

RG
my son caught a round goby last fall on sodus bay, just my 2cents thanks

wny angler

« Reply #32 on: Aug 18, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Does anyone know if Goby are a potential food source for other fish, or if for some reason they are not? ???
some of the big perch we caught out in deep water were spitting up 3 to 4 inch gobys when we reeled em up from the depths of lake erie.the bass and walleyes eat em up too but the gobys have thier revenge by feeding on their eggs and fry . talked to people from the u.s fish and wildlife service and they told me that a lot of gobys end up with botulism from eating mussels and the fish and birds that eat the gobys end up dead. seen a lot of dead fish and 100's of birds washed up on the beaches of lake erie last year.

the pictues of gobys the u.s f&w  had looked different from the ones i caught from lake erie.they said they never seen any like the one i photographed but it was definitly a goby seein how it had the single scallop shaped pelvic fin. gobys and sculpins look very similar ,the big difference is sculpins have 2 pelvic fins and gobys have a single scallop shaped pelvic fin
                                          GOBYS

seaweed01

« Reply #33 on: Aug 18, 2004, 07:37 PM »
Maybe if we are lucky  some of the Commerants will feed on the
Goby's and die (at least we can hope so.)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.