FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: No Digital Camera!!!!!  (Read 4762 times)

Reelmaster

No Digital Camera!!!!!
« on: Jul 28, 2004, 05:52 PM »
For all you guys who dont have digital cameras and still want to post pictures you should get a photo CD made up with you film. It cost only $5 and the quality is pretty decent. Plus you can edit your pictures to zoom in on specific areas. If you want to see the quality look in the Manitoba page under A few of my pics.  ;D ;D
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

TroutFishingBear

Re: No Digital Camera!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2004, 06:35 PM »
I just scan it and then fix up the photo. Some of my older photos have the scan bed on them, but I figured out how to change that, as can be seen in my more recent pictures.

Zoom in??? I might check that out though 8)

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2004, 06:43 PM »
For the last couple of years I've taken my film to Wal-Mart to have them make prints and CD photos of them, and they look pretty good.  However, when you do get a digital camera, remember during the excitement of catching a big master angler cat that you're supposed to get a picture of it BEFORE you release it. (Me, yesterday) :'(

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2004, 06:59 PM »
heh! start checking out digital cameras....it wont take long to pay for itself....and you'll have a ton of fun taking more...consider the cost of developing film alone...take your time...and purchase the most optical zoom available for your dollar...i wish i had mine sooner....grump :P

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2004, 10:10 PM »
OK, here's my biggest fear.  In the summer I wade fish for smallmouth almost exclusively.  I have a phobia about taking my digital camera on the water with me for fear of dropping it or taking a spill and dunking it along with myself.  That is one reason that I don't have enough good fishing pictures during the hot months.  For example, during my last wade the average depth that I stood in all day long was waist deep, for nearly the entire day and one mile wade.  The bottom was very rocky, the water a bit too murky to see those rocks, and we were on an unfamiliar stream where we didn't know how deep that next step could take us.  Plus, normally I wet wade, this time I wore waders.  The stream usually runs colder water than most and on top of that it was cloudy and 75 degrees (10 degrees below the average this time of year).  So, as you can see, when the water got deeper, I got more nervous.  After we made a location change I put my camera in the vehicle for good.  Even when I had it, I was very nervous.

What methods do you use to keep your camera dry and safe?  I'm looking for an alternative to what I'm doing now that is efficient and trustworthy.  By efficient I mean that I need easy access so that I can shoot my pics in a moments notice.  Since we practice CP&R, I don't want to keep the bass out of the water any more than is necessary.  Right now, I use multiple zip loc bags, but still know that they are easily punctured and often leak.

Oh, and I dropped my sunglasses in the middle of the stream when I was chest deep in the murky strong flowing water....DOH!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2004, 05:10 AM »
Kevin,
Try a dry bag from Cabelas.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Well I am slowly shopping for a digital camera. Repairs to my 4X4 recently set me back by a month but hey in the meantime what does evrybody suggest. Grump I have seen yours but can you share with the others what yours has for features.Thanks buddy.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

fastribs85

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30, 2004, 05:05 PM »
im looking at one at kmart thats like $85  has 6x zoom and 3.1 megapixals sound like a good buy
naked women and beer we got it all in here

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2004, 10:14 PM »
fast ribs howmany pictures can that take. that sounds like one hell of a deal?  8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

fastribs85

« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2004, 12:32 AM »
bw not sure gonna look sat and ill let ya know i can always get another memory card with it that will hold more
 ;D ;)

Jigwiggler

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2004, 06:55 AM »
bw not sure gonna look sat and ill let ya know i can always get another memory card with it that will hold more
 ;D ;)

Please do fastribs!  Sounds like a good value.  For that price I might grab one and then worry about upgrading later. 

I always get a cd made if there is anything on the film I plan on emailing or uploading.  My local drug store will do it for 2 bucks and for that price you can't go wrong.  My biggest gripe with it is still the wait verses digital.  Gotta use up the entire roll, find time to get to town to have them deveoped, wait around for the pics to get done.  >:(  If I didn't have such an investment in the 35mm Canon I have now it wouldn't be as much of an issue but, once I get a digital then the 35mm worthless and its $800 down the tubes. :(
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2004, 08:30 AM »
Jigwiggler,

I don't think your $800 investment will be worthless.  The Digital is great and very convenient,  but there will be times when you want to take the quality pics or the far away pics that the Digital just can't quite do.  If I am able to go to the Dover Race in Sept,  I will take the Digital and my bro-in-law's Cannon.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #12 on: Jul 31, 2004, 09:10 AM »
Jigwiggler,

I don't think your $800 investment will be worthless.  The Digital is great and very convenient,  but there will be times when you want to take the quality pics or the far away pics that the Digital just can't quite do.  If I am able to go to the Dover Race in Sept,  I will take the Digital and my bro-in-law's Cannon.

Yeah, I  exagerated a little.  I don't own a digital and am not very familiar with their capabilities.  I'm sure I will still use my Cannon.  I will most likely buy a cheaper digital for convenience and leave the high quality stuff up to the 35mm.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Esox

« Reply #13 on: Jul 31, 2004, 10:26 AM »
I use a Pelican case for my cameras when I'm on a boat or the ice. It's a little bulky for stream fishing, so a zip lock works there. In the case I have my 35mm SLR with 2 lenses, digital camera, digital video camera, handheld GPS, cellphone, batteries, memory cards, and film. I'll take a pic and post it later. Right now I'm getting ready for some striper fishing. ;D

fastribs85

« Reply #14 on: Aug 01, 2004, 12:02 PM »
hey got the camera it was $56 no memory card but has 2 megapixals not 3 and 6x zoom and 8 bytes of internal memory and it says it can hold up to 20 pictures but i can get a memory card for 15 bucks that will hold 50 more

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.