FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: No Digital Camera!!!!!  (Read 4762 times)

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
Re: No Digital Camera!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 01, 2004, 06:05 PM »
Two megapixels is the same quality as I have in my hp.  Mine has only a 2X optical zoom.  You should be able to print out very nice 4x6 prints and pretty good 8x10's, and it is quite good for posting pictures to this message board.  Go for the memory card, you'll find you need it if you're on a fishing trip somewhere and can't get to a computer to download.  Remember to take extra batteries too. 

fozsey

« Reply #16 on: Aug 01, 2004, 08:02 PM »
I know this isn't going to match fastribs $56 camera, but it is a lot of camera for the money. Canon has been making great photo equipment for decades so when I was considering what digital to buy I had to give them a serious look. I bought an A70 and I am not sorry at all. If you know nothing about cameras you can still take great digitals with this camera. I paid $275 on sale and to me that was way too much, but now I feel that I got a lot of camera for the money. I can do so much more with this camera that I can't do with a SLR. It even takes up to 3 min of video with sound at a time. I also got a 256 MB memory card for another $50 that will store up to 147 8 x 10 or better sized pictures.

Here is the link to the Powershot A70...

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=8776

BTW, for keeping it dry I use pint sized ziploc bags. I did totally submurge it once while I was in Canada accidently (dropped in the the live well messing with a fish and almost had heart failure, TG for the bag) and it didn't hurt the camera, but I use genuine Ziploc, not generic bags and I still take great care to keep it dry even in the bag. I have even taken pictures in the rain leaving the camera in the bag with good results. Just a note though, it has to be w/o the flash and the bags have to be the clear kind not the new style cloudy ones and the bag has to be pulled tight across the lense. I just watched the demo vid on the website for the first time and found out that you can buy a waterproof case that you can use to take pictures underwater. So it would be good even for you Kevin.... ;D

fastribs85

« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2004, 09:43 PM »
cool ill definately get the card before i go away on tuesday have that camp im working and that what i got it for they want to do a slideshow and i wanted it for all the kids fishing so we can o a slide show with the kids and there fish
naked women and beer we got it all in here

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2004, 01:32 PM »
Great deal fastribs. Sounds like you will be posting many pictures in the near future.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #19 on: Aug 02, 2004, 03:04 PM »
That's a great deal fastribs, congrats. hope you will be posting some pics on here soon!

fastribs85

« Reply #20 on: Aug 02, 2004, 11:19 PM »
guys leaving about 9 or 10 this morning for the camp will be back next week wit hmany pics i hope of big fish and little kids

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Aug 03, 2004, 04:05 PM »
BTW,  Yahoo Home page has a 3.2 megapix for around $95.  I did not look into it further,  just a FYI.

Luckydog

« Reply #22 on: Aug 11, 2004, 11:58 AM »
I have an older model Kodak.  It seems to really chow down on batteries.  I tried those rechargeable AAs but they don't last very long.

fastribs85

« Reply #23 on: Aug 11, 2004, 05:57 PM »
try the duracell alkalide i think ther were my friend just changed hers from xmas and she said she used it almost everyday took a lot of pictures at the camp all week it was on almost

Phoenix

« Reply #24 on: Aug 18, 2004, 06:42 AM »
OK, here's my biggest fear.  In the summer I wade fish for smallmouth almost exclusively.  I have a phobia about taking my digital camera on the water with me for fear of dropping it or taking a spill and dunking it along with myself.  That is one reason that I don't have enough good fishing pictures during the hot months.  For example, during my last wade the average depth that I stood in all day long was waist deep, for nearly the entire day and one mile wade.  The bottom was very rocky, the water a bit too murky to see those rocks, and we were on an unfamiliar stream where we didn't know how deep that next step could take us.  Plus, normally I wet wade, this time I wore waders.  The stream usually runs colder water than most and on top of that it was cloudy and 75 degrees (10 degrees below the average this time of year).  So, as you can see, when the water got deeper, I got more nervous.  After we made a location change I put my camera in the vehicle for good.  Even when I had it, I was very nervous.

What methods do you use to keep your camera dry and safe?  I'm looking for an alternative to what I'm doing now that is efficient and trustworthy.  By efficient I mean that I need easy access so that I can shoot my pics in a moments notice.  Since we practice CP&R, I don't want to keep the bass out of the water any more than is necessary.  Right now, I use multiple zip loc bags, but still know that they are easily punctured and often leak.

Oh, and I dropped my sunglasses in the middle of the stream when I was chest deep in the murky strong flowing water....DOH!
That's the problem I had with my first digital camera, they seem to be quite delicate. First time out with it I had it in a case, carefully packed in my duffel. When I got up lake to my campsite I found the battery door had been broken off. Worse, when I got back home I discovered it would cost $135 to repair, the camera cost me almost $400 and could now be purchased on e-bay for about $150. Oh well gonna try again. This time I've got my eye on an Olympus Stylus 300 which they claim is "all weather" and built for the outdoors.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.