FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WE...make a difference  (Read 2232 times)

grumpymoe

WE...make a difference
« on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:07 PM »
our post...usmc's and mine..regarding the pillage and wanton waste of one of our truly awesome fishery....lake of the woods...which we share together with our good neighbour...the united states of america....needs help...protection of the resource..for now and in the future...to ensure our appreciation of natural beauty and angling for not only ourselves...but future generations...i encourage anyone with a few minutes, to a few hours....to spend the time....knowledge... and dedication....to make a difference...to protect one of our truly awesome gifts....grump

Cider

Re: WE...make a difference
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:15 PM »
This is good, but we need to become familiar with the facts...organize an intelligent argument...find an influential audience...and deliver a loud message!

What we need are ideas of people to send letters, petitions, and requests to.  These need to be organizations that have some political clought and influence to make a difference.

Let's hear some ideas of who to write that would have a direct impact on changing current practices...letters are easy to write and powerful when aimed true...send them to the wrong people and they merely fall on deaf ears!

Any suggestions?  It will take more than just a handful of folks writing in too.  They will need to receive hundreds of letters all suggesting the same perspective in order to make a difference....

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:16 PM »
Grump, just lead us in the right direction and I'm sure people will help!!  If you can get the info for "Your Government" people that might hate getting,Hmmmmm, lets see...1130 people on MFF and nearly 10,000 on "Stanty", equals to a bunch of email.  I'm wondering if done correctly we can get PETA involved some (Which I know is like sleeping with the devil) they have the resources and we all agree it is a wasteful practice and one not committed by "FISHERMAN".  Its just something to think about.  I'm going to stop in the local SPCA and see what they think.  Let me know what Ya'll think.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:17 PM »
Dang Cider, beat me again. ;)  We must have been typing at the same time.
 :-\

Steve

Ps. how's the tail?? ;D
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:29 PM »
here's MHO...what we need....is for every single member that cares......enough...to post here...and voice outrage....and to not spend the vacation money...on a resource rich area that sits back and lets whatever happen for the lack of b_lls to avoid confrontation.....conscience.... and common sense to protect our future and resource...frustratingly........grump

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:35 PM »
This is good, but we need to become familiar with the facts...organize an intelligent argument...find an influential audience...and deliver a loud message!
Great post Cider something has got to be done but it definatly has to be approached in the right manner!

Cider

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2004, 10:13 PM »
Steve - can't involve PETA.  Shouldn't even mention their name under your breath here.  Sure, they are strong in numbers and wealth.  Yes, they might stand behind the issue with you briefly.  Alas, they will eventually strip the sword from our hands and weild it against us as another example of why fishing and hunting should be banned.

Sorry Steve, we agree on 99%, but PETA was a bad idea...back to the drawing board jarhead!!  ;D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2004, 10:33 PM »
If you really care about the resource and its future,and you want to be taken seriously as sportsmen  who respect our mother earth,then i agree you definately need to keep the treehuggers under the dozer tracks where they belong!!you guys are on the right track.we need some real contacts .e mail or snail mail adresses or web adresses or even phonenumbers .we absolutely need some facts and more details
Scotty 

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2004, 11:05 AM »
Yes, we can make a difference. After all, we are the people and we supposedly end up making the decisions. Maybe you should write your divisions of wildlife and the US Fish and Wildlife about this so they have more people watching lake of the woods. The US Fish and Wildlife may be my enemies in colorado, but they can help you out here.

Here in colorado we are fighting a fight sort of similar to this but much, much worse. All of our pike and smallmouth are either being relocated (which usually ends up in death here due to the huge difference in water temperatures from body of water to body of water), or they are just being euthinized. (Tossed up on the bank).
We could use your help signing a petition to protect our fisheries from the evil US Fish and Wildlife and the CDOW. I know the guy in charge of the fight against the removals. (my brother) Email him at [email protected]. he can give you all the facts and the why, as well as a petition to sign.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Aug 21, 2004, 07:36 PM »
I am with you guys 100%!!  I think that someone needs to find a congressman/woman and lay out the facts.  When I say congressman,  I mean one that is on a committee that deals with these issues directly.  I would go all out in this direction,  unfortunately,  I don't know these types of congressman.  I will,  however make some inquiries.

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2004, 10:21 AM »
I sent an email to sherwood boehlert and you might want to suggest biodegradable float connectors .that way at least the nets would eventually sink if lost maybe we should write to the TV fishing shows send them the pictures and see what they say.They at least already have an audience
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

trapperdirk

« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Gord Ellis who did the interview with Gord Pusnik and the M.N.R. just e-mailed me and said the interview he thought would be aired this Tuesday a.m . on CBC radio . Also he will be letting me know if those who miss it can read it on CBC.ca website . I guess if they don't put it on the site we may have to do something about that too . LOL ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.